Newest Member
    joxey
Pre New Years Clipper/Re-developer

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Man, ensemble sensitivity doesn't really have a coherent signal until 00z tonight. 

Unsurprisingly, a higher western ridge, sharper northern stream shortwave, and more Atlantic ridging is what we want to see to develop a stronger near benchmark low (56% of the variance). 

That s/w in the PAC NW is screwing us. Even on the 12z GFS you can see it begins to kick out heights in the Rockies and prevents our s/w from digging.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This won't get it done.

We put our faith in the RGEM. Would be nice to tick this a little more amped and then we're talking 3-5"...but ultimately I think we got too much to overcome and I'm leaning 1-2" with maybe some higher lollis on the south coast.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

We put our faith in the RGEM. Would be nice to tick this a little more amped and then we're talking 3-5"...but ultimately I think we got too much to overcome and I'm leaning 1-2" with maybe some higher lollis on the south coast.

Figures this is the only time we can"t get it to shift west...lol. 

The teleconnections argue for something more amped with better downstream ridging. With a +NAO developing, we should be able to kick that first wave out just in time so it doesn't completely hinder the downstream height rises of this (subsequent) wave. And with a +PNA and -AO we should see our developing shortwave intensifying as it moves across the Ohio River Valley region.

I'm cautiously optimistic on something more than a 1-3" type event for SNE.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

CMC is better.  But let’s face it-refresher or something for the bare ground crowd.  OT but next week could be pretty interesting to put it mildly.

I have not paid any attention to this weekend.  Just a nonevent for me up here.  I am starting to notice next week.  For the first time in awhile both the Euro and GFS now have something major in the area around day 7.  

Archived