SnowHabit
Pre New Years Clipper/Re-developer

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Some really big hits on the 6z gefs... 12z will be interesting for sure

"Really big" may be a bit strong.  As it stands, it's too late a developer and progressive to amount to anything of significance (advisory or better) outside of coastal and eastern areas.  Hopefully it can wind up sooner for those who live in the important places.  :)  We'll watch 12z runs.

-3.8*

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The EPS was not as bullish as the GEFS, but the 00z EPS was better than 12z. Lets hope it continues.

would be good for the south of the pikers and particularly ESNE get something.  A natural progression south with snow cover before a region wide storm next week.  I think you guys down there, including James get a few fluffy inches...at least that is where it seems to be heading.  I have noticed that even when the models backed off, WPC didn't, and neither did the mets on here.  That's usually a sign.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

would be good for the south of the pikers and particularly ESNE get something.  A natural progression south with snow cover before a region wide storm next week.  I think you guys down there, including James get a few fluffy inches...at least that is where it seems to be heading.  I have noticed that even when the models backed off, WPC didn't, and neither did the mets on here.  That's usually a sign.

The GFS setup is pretty sweet for the south shore. Super cold air over those waters in the low to mid 40s. But there is a WAA regime that should offer widespread light snows. Anyways, just would like to see a little more snow OTG for the next cold shot.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

The GFS setup is pretty sweet for the south shore. Super cold air over those waters in the low to mid 40s. But there is a WAA regime that should offer widespread light snows. Anyways, just would like to see a little more snow OTG for the next cold shot.

I expect to see a lot of "WOW!  this is amazing, fluff, great snow growth, sticking everywhere" etc. posts that end in 2-4 with lollies higher in 20-30:1 type snows.  I'm rooting for it.  We might even get some flakes in NH.

9 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

It's been pretty clear that James is in the best spot to score on this.  Probably Plymouth County as a whole will do okay.  Pretty meh north and west of there--progressively more meh the further you go.

-4.3*

Our main shortwave is trending stronger to help offset some of the negative trends from yesterday in other regions. So it's trying to give a 1-3" type event. If it sharpens even a little more then there's a chance we could talk about widespread advisory snowfall, but we don't want to get ahead of ourselves yet. It's still fighting that flatter looking flow. 

11 hours ago, dendrite said:

Should get a nice jump in the normals in a few years when we toss the 80s and add the 10s.

11 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

The normals are gonna be nuts. 

Well folks should be happy they can complain about being below normal snowfall then without being corrected by anyone.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Warning type big hits?

Seems like the trend this year has been to strengthen the S/W as we get closer.we need that to continue here

Yeah a couple of them were... Some with an inch, a couple others around 10 to 12... Mean was about 4 or 5 inches for my area.. 

Archived