Newest Member
    joxey
Pre New Years Clipper/Re-developer

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Whether it due to dry air or diminishing lift..the precip shield does seem to 'dry up' as it approaches..for whatever reason. I know it can snow in dry airmasses. Still thinking 1" or so but not sure how far north this gets

Yeah the lift gets shunted south. Doubt anyone gets more than an inch. Maybe a place like BID or MVY. I'd def still watch it down where you are but this just didn't trend in the right direction again over the final 24 hours. Seems to be a theme for the clippers this month. 

5 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Whether it due to dry air or diminishing lift..the precip shield does seem to 'dry up' as it approaches..for whatever reason. I know it can snow in dry airmasses. Still thinking 1" or so but not sure how far north this gets

We need to wait for the best forcing to move in to provide the necessary lift.  

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the lift gets shunted south. Doubt anyone gets more than an inch. Maybe a place like BID or MVY. I'd def still watch it down where you are but this just didn't trend in the right direction again over the final 24 hours. Seems to be a theme for the clippers this month. 

It’s too bad.

With any luck at all this may have been a decent event

10 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s too bad.

With any luck at all this may have been a decent event

Yeah we could have sharpened this up a little and gotten a 3-6 incher out of it. But we can't be lucky all the time. We're due to waste some good setups. Of course, we may get a big one yet out of this pattern next week. 

5 minutes ago, DFRI said:

Norwalk, CT traffic camera just now.

CT. Traffic camera.jpg

Good example of how at these temps it doesn't take much. You can have a higher impact with half an inch of snow at 10 degrees than 6 inches at 31 if that 6 inches is falling over a long period of time. 

Archived