Newest Member
    joxey
Pre New Years Clipper/Re-developer

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I basically live in Norton... or did... I lived NW of Box even... I think KTAN itself is 40 and here is low 40s... people think we average like 30 a year.. it’s weird.

The Western part of Taunton is closer to Norton Easton Mansfield than it is to east Taunton 

51.9 is the mean snowfall for the coop station 4mi NW of Taunton.  That is for 1999-2000 till now.

25 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I know as much as some electricians but i would not call or represent myself as one. They earned a degree/license and the right to use that name. People who profit off of identifying themselves as Mets or any other occupation without the credentials to do so are frauds. I self taught myself a lot but my degree is as an Environmental scientist.

:wub:

30 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Well the GFS had been steadfast on this threat being a nothing burger. The euro may get schooled on this. Next.

The NavGEM has more of a threat than the NAM and GFS combined.  I think this is a minor event.  Maybe someone sees 3-4 inches between central jersey and PVD.  I just am not buying the nothing event the GFS and NAM currently portay 

3 hours ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The NavGEM has more of a threat than the NAM and GFS combined.  I think this is a minor event.  Maybe someone sees 3-4 inches between central jersey and PVD.  I just am not buying the nothing event the GFS and NAM currently portay 

Nav and cmc look similar, I think that’s the play....a weak clipper with 1-4” from philly to boston.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You only avg 58"?

Wow...I never would have guessed that averaged more than you.

Don't forget, it's been an E NE bonanza past 15-20 years.  I would imagine Franklin Co has a fantastic 100 year average, we just don't have any co-op reports.  Greenfield's nickname from late 19c through the 40's was Winterland so I imagine there were some good years. :lol:

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Ten year average at my house is 64", I was just throwing out the 20 year from Greenfield DPW which is about 5mi S of me and 200' lower elevation as a comparison to that ridiculous Taunton average. 

We're about even, then...but you have better retention.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We're about even, then...but you have better retention.

Great retention, CAD of SNE but your location is prime.  My sister has been in Chelmsford for 25 years and I am always amazed at her snow totals.  She is very supportive of my hobby and takes measurements and texts them to me. Lol. 

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Great retention, CAD of SNE but your location is prime.  My sister has been in Chelmsford for 25 years and I am always amazed at her snow totals.  She is very supportive of my hobby and takes measurements and texts them to me. Lol. 

Chelmsford a little better than I am...I get marine taint in about half of the events on average, but its exceedingly rare there.

My brother lives there.

Archived