Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pre New Years Clipper/Re-developer

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

I think they are in the same Industrial Park, they are just moving to a new section of it which is technically over the line into Norton. I heard they are basically crossing the street from their current location

Half mile away. I don't think it's on Myles Standish anymore, but yeah.

22 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think he's closer to the south coast than the pike.

32.13 miles to the Pike in Auburn as the Crow flies and 30.83 due south would put me at Taylor Swifts house in Watch Hill. Kevin is about 8 miles North of me in Latitude 30 miles NW of me but I still average more than the Cod

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Curious about how you arrive at 40 inch climo?  What is the TAN climo?  Or perhaps KBOX location?

I basically live in Norton... or did... I lived NW of Box even... I think KTAN itself is 40 and here is low 40s... people think we average like 30 a year.. it’s weird.

The Western part of Taunton is closer to Norton Easton Mansfield than it is to east Taunton 

I wish there was a Coop right at 755 feet 1 mile from me I know it would challenge North Foster for snow, seen it many times, can't explain it all but KBC 360 who posts here plows for the State knows exactly what I mean. It is a snow magnet weenie spot. This past storm I had 2.75 and they had at least 3.5 , totally different look. down here at work in SECT there are bare spots everywhere. Driving in Tuesday I had forgotten that they only received maybe an inch, fugly down here, look forward to the ride home every night.

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I wish there was a Coop right at 755 feet 1 mile from me I know it would challenge North Foster for snow, seen it many times, can't explain it all but KBC 360 who posts here plows for the State knows exactly what I mean. It is a snow magnet weenie spot. This past storm I had 2.75 and they had at least 3.5 , totally different look. down here at work in SECT there are bare spots everywhere. Driving in Tuesday I had forgotten that they only received maybe an inch, fugly down here, look forward to the ride home every night.

I'll be honest I didn't even know where Mooseup was until I just looked it up.  Eastern CT is nice though....it's like how old coastal plain New England used to look with farms and fields and little towns. 

5 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I'll be honest I didn't even know where Mooseup was until I just looked it up.  Eastern CT is nice though....it's like how old coastal plain New England used to look with farms and fields and little towns. 

I love it very forested and rural and I am up in the hills away from any developments, house next to me is in Sterling, about a mile and a half from the RI border. If I don't take 395 to work I can take the back roads and sometimes only see 3 or 4 cars all the 33 miles to work, certainly earns its name the quiet corner once you get away from the 395 developments.

15 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Well that’s some pretty decent height for that area, creates some nice contrast with the surroundings.   The hill I live on is about 740 feet and drops to around 225-300ft over a relatively short distance. When things are borderline it creates some dramatic differences in snow and ice accretion (very common). Seeing as your region is more often borderline with temps that would serve to magnify the differences, I would think.  

Yea , I am at 515 or so but it jumps sharp, also the drop to the valley is sharp and I noticed even the "downtown" areas of Moosup receive a lot less precip, shadowed on NE winds stolen by the Western RI and Ct Hills. Cool spot, I walk or bike up there a lot.

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We put a fork in this earlier. someone jumped the shark on the thread. you are gung ho on the next "possible" storm, start a thread but if it fails you lose your JUJU rights.

I'm not gung ho on anything, in fact I'm not even sure what the original meaning of that phrase is. I'm just trying to be optimistic. Can't win sometimes.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I won’t totally write this off probably until tomorrow night or Friday 12z

How many times over the last 3-4 years have we seen events be junk in this timeframe only to come back in the final 48

It’s a meat grinder flow. Different situation this time. 

49 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

32.13 miles to the Pike in Auburn as the Crow flies and 30.83 due south would put me at Taylor Swifts house in Watch Hill. Kevin is about 8 miles North of me in Latitude 30 miles NW of me but I still average more than the Cod

yup you are far enough removed from the water in many events to reap the goods and close enough in others to maximize potential and for reasons mets like you understand eastern ct, esp ne gets in on great banding in many events

1 minute ago, codfishsnowman said:

yup you are far enough removed from the water in many events to reap the goods and close enough in others to maximize potential and for reasons mets like you understand eastern ct, esp ne gets in on great banding in many events

first I am not a Met , but yea not as good as Kevin or East Killingly but decent

Just now, codfishsnowman said:

meh its semantics...you know as much as any of them...

I know as much as some electricians but i would not call or represent myself as one. They earned a degree/license and the right to use that name. People who profit off of identifying themselves as Mets or any other occupation without the credentials to do so are frauds. I self taught myself a lot but my degree is as an Environmental scientist.

Archived