Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pre New Years Clipper/Re-developer

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The problem with that logic is that it was the 00z EPS and the 00z EURO looked decent.  Be interesting to see what the new EPS looks like.  I'm sure the mean though will be a bit more robust than the OP because a couple of good hits out of 50 members can help that case.

And I thought it was ride a horse save a Euro? What else matters?

I don’t see why folks are ruling out a few inches . Set up is there . Legro said wait for data to sample which it hasn’t yet. How many times have we seen whiners call for flurries only to grab some snow

5 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Your "posts" have been unbearable ever since somebody gave you attention for being negative a year or so ago and you decided to make it the only facet of your online personality.

He's been riding the weenie train, but that train derailed. Sometimes regressing isn't fun...but it's part of life. You take the good, you take the bad, and there you go, and there you have....

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t see why folks are ruling out a few inches . Set up is there 

Ruling out a few inches where?  I was thinking Ginxy area and latitude would certainly have a good shot at a fluffy couple inches regardless with that vort max going underneath. 

There's a difference though between ruling something out and calling for it to happen.  I guess its semantics. 

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ruling out a few inches where?  I was thinking Ginxy area and latitude would certainly have a good shot at a fluffy couple inches regardless with that vort max going underneath. 

There's a difference though between ruling something out and calling for it to happen.  I guess its semantics. 

That’s what Pike south generally means 

I decided to toggle the 96 hour image from the 00z 12/26 Euro run with the 12z 12/27 Euro run 60 hour image. The biggest difference is the shortwave off the PAC NW is closer which knocks down the PNA ridge some...other notable differences are the folded over EPO block is weaker so it doesn't "hold up" the PNA ridge as well...it was acting in place of a typical PNA ridge but as it gets weaker, it flattens the flow.

To the east, the front-running wave that passes us on Dec 29 is quite a bit stronger so it reduces downstream ridging from our critical shortwave as it approaches the northeast. That thing has really become a turd in the punchbowl for this setup and I'm not sure it will recover from that...there's a chance that the critical shortwave that produced the storm on previous runs comes in stronger and helps offset the negative trends, but it would likely only be enough to produce a light to low-end moderate fluff event. But I think the chances of that are probably under 50% right now. Maybe near a coinflip on the south coast.

31 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Your "posts" have been unbearable ever since somebody gave you attention for being negative a year or so ago and you decided to make it the only facet of your online personality.

Eh... if a setup calls to be optimistic I will be... my lower end calls for Christmas for some locals ended up being pretty close to correct.

This doesn’t look good right now

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Eh... if a setup calls to be optimistic I will be... my lower end calls for Christmas for some locals ended up being pretty close to correct.

This doesn’t look good right now

Curious about how you arrive at 40 inch climo?  What is the TAN climo?  Or perhaps KBOX location?

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I said that yesterday and you berated me for being a ‘debbie’......punch buggy no punch backs?

I’m all punchbag-fire away.   I didn’t think I berated you.   I was legitimately trying to bring you up.

OT but on hold for hours to get the first 2 quarters of property tax in with a 2017 date on it.

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just picture that area as being flat and coastal. I guess the NW side is a bit better 

Flat and coastal doesn't mean they average 34 inches of snow. Logan airport is out in the middle of Boston harbor and they average around 44 inches. The places in MA that average under 35 inches are prob the south coast near Buzzards Bay over to the Cape and Islands. Once you get inland a bit though it goes above 35"

Archived