Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Long lasting intense Cold for New England

wxeyeNH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

You should take a drive a couple hours north on one of the calm radiational cold nights upcoming.  Experience some -25F/-30F real temps,  or for fun on a windier day take the tram up to the top of Cannon Mtn and feel what real windchills feel like.  The other thing you will note is after the next couple of weeks when the temp finally makes it back up to 40F,  it will feel really amazingly warm.  Even 30F will feel comfortable!

1981 cold snap skiing cannon , first and last time with frostbite . 

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Even in Jersey we had some cold ,snowy December’s . Then I moved  here in 78 and it continued. This has been one of the best December winter months ever for this fellow. AN snow, pack except for a few days, icing, and lots of cold. Sorry you’d prefer a big storm that melts . You’d be better suited living in Denver if that’s your thing 

Well you are a weenie who gets off on 2" lasting 30 days.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Even in Jersey we had some cold ,snowy December’s . Then I moved  here in 78 and it continued. This has been one of the best December winter months ever for this fellow. AN snow, pack except for a few days, icing, and lots of cold. Sorry you’d prefer a big storm that melts . You’d be better suited living in Denver if that’s your thing 

I agree.  Since living in CT, this has been the best.  Granted there have been a few nice December big bomber storms, but normally they seemed to be follwed by 40's/50's  and rain near or on Christmas.  For the past few weeks the nickel and dime storms have been pretty nice.  No tremendous warmth either.  A bit of rain but in the end the snow prevailed.  
I've had better Decembers living outside of Albany growing up, but this has been a good one here in SNE. 

White Christmas is in the books (as well as wintry appeal leading up to it), so I will be fine with a couple double digit storms and some nickel and dimers to continue for the season.

18 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

I agree.  Since living in CT, this has been the best.  Granted there have been a few nice December big bomber storms, but normally they seemed to be follwed by 40's/50's  and rain near or on Christmas.  For the past few weeks the nickel and dime storms have been pretty nice.  No tremendous warmth either.  A bit of rain but in the end the snow prevailed.  
I've had better Decembers living outside of Albany growing up, but this has been a good one here in SNE. 

White Christmas is in the books (as well as wintry appeal leading up to it), so I will be fine with a couple double digit storms and some nickel and dimers to continue for the season.

Don’t tell Scoots. Morch snow is better than an old fashioned December to remember 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Don’t tell Scoots. Morch snow is better than an old fashioned December to remember 

Scott definitely has a point.  I am torn between that super storm 93 type deal and a white christmas.  If I had to choose i am not sure what I would choose.  If having a white christmas meant no big events, but nickels and dimes all season, i'd probably be good with it.  But, Big-azz storms are awesome.

Archived