SnowHabit
Long lasting intense Cold for New England

wxeyeNH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s not. The last few over the last 10 days were colder in SNE

There was just one day where the high was about the same.  The winds are higher today and so I think the wind chill is lower.  Combine that with lows tomorrow and think today has a slight edge over 12/29.  In terms of it as a cold shot, I think last week was longer which would edge it out but it's not like today is nothing to sneeze at.  Just because it's not as cold as it could be...lol.

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You have such a cold fetish.  Does it really matter if the winds keep it up a few degrees?

Yes it does. I like the cold and if I could trade a blizzard for a morning of -15 or highs in the single digits, either side of zero, I'd make that trade in a second.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

The radiators will go 12-18 below tonight. But in the CAA scheme.. this was not quite as cold. Temps barely dropped overnight , whereas the one on NYE dropped all night with more N component . Not sure what you’re arguing 

Lol so your saying it will be colder tonight than it was NYE, got it

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Whoosh 

Lol at your temp CAA fetish up there on the hill, it's cold who cares if it's from CAA or from radiation. I definitely feel colder with wind than NYD. Twas a fantastic run coldest end of year ever with a foot plus storm. Last night was the deepest winter feel you can ever get around here

1 hour ago, MetHerb said:

Looks like 7° here at noon so no record broken here for all time low max but I should be able to beat the record of 16° from 1994 for the day.  My record low for 1/7 is only -2° (1/7/1988) so that should be an easy one to break as well.

I wonder when was the last time we had a day below 10 for a max at bdl, even in the most brutal of cold shots it gets up to between 10 and 12 during the warmest part of the day

2 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Atleast for my station I've had 4 days with highs lower than today so far and I may finish above a 5th

My top 5 coldest max temps so far since I moved here in 2006 (today still in question)...

1) 1.7F 1/6/18
2) 2.3F 12/28/17
3) 2.5F 12/29/17
4) 3.7F 12/31/17
5) 4.1F 1/1/18

lol at them all being in the last 2 weeks.

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

My top 5 coldest max temps so far since I moved here in 2006 (today still in question)...

1) 1.7F 1/6/18
2) 2.3F 12/28/17
3) 2.5F 12/29/17
4) 3.7F 12/31/17
5) 4.1F 1/1/18

lol at them all being in the last 2 weeks.

I also should have added so far this year. My Davis has only been up a year though so my records are limited. 

It is interesting that your still running colder than Dec. Full sun and downsloping moderating it down here. 

Some of the talk in here sounds like people that took the day 10 forecast and set that as their expectation.  Then when reality happens their all disappointed because it's not as cold as it was supposed to be.  Meanwhile, they ignore what it is.

It looks like today will tie my lowest high temp on 12/29.  That's still a top 10 day for me.

Total bust.  High of .6F    I can't even round down to 0F for the day! One frickin hour above 0F

Metherb...   I get your point about watching the max's over the past week.   Many days ago I saw that today was going to be our coldest day.  Both the GFS and Euro has consistently shown a high temp for me or around -6F today.  The Euro ran way too cold in the first part of the cold wave but even up to yesterday both models had me fairly safe as they were holding me near -5F or so.  Then this AM we had just dim sun with light snow and I thought I was good.  Then the skies brightened for a while and all bets were off.  Now its clouded over again and I'm back below zero.

So that cheap one hour screwed me.  After 17 years of watching, I thought I was good.

Okay, I'm ready for a few days of 40's..

Next....

Untitled.jpg

Archived