Newest Member
    Dano62
Long lasting intense Cold for New England

wxeyeNH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, adk said:

Calm winds and BTV down to -17F. Fe more dark hours to go so I suspect BTV hits -20F. THough it feels A LOT warmer than yesterday AM. No wind. Yesterday's wind was ramming that cold air into every crack and crevice in the condo. 

Lack of wind makes a huge difference.  No hot water; pipes still frozen......gonna be one cold shower today.  On the upside, SFO/LA/SD here I come!

-8.8 at the Pit so far.

-7.2 at Pit2

-13 here...coldest this winter.

2 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Lack of wind makes a huge difference.  No hot water; pipes still frozen......gonna be one cold shower today.  On the upside, SFO/LA/SD here I come!

-8.8 at the Pit so far.

-7.2 at Pit2

I have the same problem except that it's all my water.  Must have happened between my 3AM call and now.  Never had that happen.  I put heaters on in the basement and hoping that works.

10 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

why does bdl run so warm? even brainard road is colder today....

The never used to until they did a move in the early 90s.  It happened while I was still working in the business because I remember it being a discussion point with other mets.  It was always warmer than CEF but was within a degree or two of BAF which it is the morning so who knows.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Man BTV with -20F this morning.  

That's impressive there.  Even a light east wind developed which is the drainage flow off the west slope benches.  

Very hard to get that good radiational cooling there.

-23 at RUT surprised me too. They often struggle to radiate.

Archived