SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Long lasting intense Cold for New England

wxeyeNH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-10° earlier but now -2 off yesterday's high of 8° making yesterday into today my coldest day yet.  The mean was 37° below where it should be (27°).  I think I'll have greater ones this weekend but we'll see.

I have to go back and look at my record and see what some of my other stretches are below freezing.  I know in December 1989 we spent much of the month below 32 but I don't know exactly.  I think by the time this stretch is done, it will be a pretty good one but we'll see when all is said and done.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Glad I'm on the hill. I feel like lavarock this morning.

Amazing difference in 300 feet, I am at 515 had -2 drove down the hill a football field and it was -7, this continued all the way to work, smallest hills even jumped up then down quickly at the base, heavy heavy cold

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Amazing difference in 300 feet, I am at 515 had -2 drove down the hill a football field and it was -7, this continued all the way to work, smallest hills even jumped up then down quickly at the base, heavy heavy cold

Right down the road here it was -18.5F at Franklin Falls Dam. I guess that's why so many people farmed on hillsides.

It was -15 when I left the house at 6:30.  It quickly got to -22 as I went down into town.  It was -22 pretty much the whole drive until it was -24 north of Well River and -26 in St. Johnsbury.  Feels nice with the sun however.

Archived