• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Long lasting intense Cold for New England

wxeyeNH

Temp seems to be stuck at 1.5F to 1.8F.   Noticing mid level clouds spreading across SNE.  Will this keep temps down abit this PM.  Maybe a lower launching pad to make New Years that much more miserable?  Still looks like the Mother load will be after the mid week system.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have thoroughly enjoyed this cold.  I was out with the doggie for a solid 90 minutes earlier and the deep arctic blue overhead as cirrus was streaming in was a breathtaking site over snow cover of about 4 inches with blowing snow from the little bit we got yesterday.  Long live winter!  New attitude this year-cold and colder are best.

12 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I have thoroughly enjoyed this cold.  I was out with the doggie for a solid 90 minutes earlier and the deep arctic blue overhead as cirrus was streaming in was a breathtaking site over snow cover of about 4 inches with blowing snow from the little bit we got yesterday.  Long live winter!  New attitude this year-cold and colder are best.

Wow man you have indeed seen the light 

This cold spell looks to end with a bang.  I would guess with a 945mb low over Nova Scotia and a 1040mb high north of the Great Lakes we are going to end the week with some good wind and intense cold.  Wind Chill Warnings over all of New England!  It seems like this past week has just been slowly bleeding cold into our area but late week could make this seem like child's play.  Dangerous cold and wind and a few inches  (or more) to help blow it around too!

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wow man you have indeed seen the light 

I had a big scare and decided to go back to my winter roots.  I made a decision to be out in the cold-don’t stay in for the sake of staying in-embrace life and most certainly winter!  Having a 3 day break in hot wx this week got me ready...lol.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

I had a big scare and decided to go back to my winter roots.  I made a decision to be out in the cold-don’t stay in for the sake of staying in-embrace life and most certainly winter!  Having a 3 day break in hot wx this week got me ready...lol.

Jerry.  I'm up to 2F right now.  All the car tire indicators are reading low.  Can you take a ride up and add air to 3 cars?  I want you to fully embrace this new found enjoyment.  I'll stay here in the sunroom and watch the Pats and play on the laptop.

Without looking at all the posts, so forgive my laziness, and not sure what happened just prior to Christmas with temps, because I was in the hospital for a week, but how does this cold spell rank up with say 94 or 2015 as far as days below freezing, and days below 20. I personally can't remember the last time the temp was above 20*. But like I said, I was in the hospital for the week we had the ice. Just curious if anyone knew off the top of the head. TIA

1 hour ago, tavwtby said:

Without looking at all the posts, so forgive my laziness, and not sure what happened just prior to Christmas with temps, because I was in the hospital for a week, but how does this cold spell rank up with say 94 or 2015 as far as days below freezing, and days below 20. I personally can't remember the last time the temp was above 20*. But like I said, I was in the hospital for the week we had the ice. Just curious if anyone knew off the top of the head. TIA

Hope you are Ok. It's getting there. I see Euro has wind chills below minus 50 in the Central CTRV next Sunday

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hope you are Ok. It's getting there. I see Euro has wind chills below minus 50 in the Central CTRV next Sunday

Yeah thanks Ginx, had sudden gall bladder surgery, ruptured and full of stones, on the mend for a couple months now... but damn this cold is as cold as I can remember for this long a period.. hopefully we get a couple thumps and not waste it!

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

MVL hit 7F yesterday... MPV only 5F and that's going to be the warmest day of this whole stretch.

Today's max is -2F here.

MPV/MVL/1V4 all in the -5 to -6 range for December departures, so this map looks correct.

I didn't see anyone forecasting -5F to -6F departures for December, that's for sure.

Z7YitcP.png

Nobody did

Archived