Newest Member
    joxey
Long lasting intense Cold for New England

wxeyeNH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Gouverneur had -43F 12/20/42 so nope. I'm sure some other location has pushed -50F in the month.

I also see a Stillwater Reservoir that got down to -46 that same night, off a high of -9. 

That's how Kevin remembers the weather leading up to Christmas when he was a kid.

8 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I also see a Stillwater Reservoir that got down to -46 that same night, off a high of -9. 

That's how Kevin remembers the weather leading up to Christmas when he was a kid.

Waking up Christmas morning to CAA -30s on the hill and playing with the Lite Brite.

3de9781f3027e13e93e063c870aec7f1--retro-

29 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Wow!

I've skied in really, really cold weather at Wildcat and it never stopped them from opening. I think at this point with the sister area and interchangeable ticket right down the street, their attitude is keep everyone off the mountain and send them down to the Attitash. 

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

So much haze in the air... its like dim sun above.

MVL with 5sm "unknown precipitation"... KMVL 281454Z AUTO 03013KT 5SM UP M23/M27

Yes, very odd yet cool. This is the first time I've seen snow get blown off the mountains to my north and create this hazy cloud effect. 

Currently -4.6F from a morning low of -11.0F. 

Skiing yesterday was excellent. Nice firm and grippy, but spent about ha;f the day at the bar. :D

Just now, MarkO said:

Yes, very odd yet cool. This is the first time I've seen snow get blown off the mountains to my north and create this hazy cloud effect. 

Currently -4.6F from a morning low of -11.0F. 

Skiing yesterday was excellent. Nice firm and grippy, but spent about ha;f the day at the bar. :D

I don't think its snow blowing off the mountains... its just very cold and very small ice crystals hanging in the air.

Archived