Newest Member
    SnowHabit
I'm Dreaming of a White Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Definitely some big shifts in the last 12 hours.  Even in Maine, it's organizing now to crush much closer to the coast when the past several days it was in the mountains and southern Quebec.

Biggest bust will likely be southern Quebec into N.NH and extreme NW ME where yesterday's runs were showing up to an inch of QPF and now down under half an inch with that east jog.

These shifts should give Dryslot a very Merry Christmas, haha.

hrrr_snow_neng_13.png

I didn’t care about the QPF up there. It was the H5-H7 look. You guys should be pulling the ratios up there.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It was the only model crushing up here 2hrs ago and it was only a 6 hour forecast. I personally just feel it often struggles even early on in developing situations. 

Well, it was showing me missing to the west of things last night which was pretty disheartening.  BOX's map doesn't reflect it.  But the radar is showing bust unless the band to the west shifts east.  It's only making very slow progress.  With BOX having the storm winding down in western zones at 9ish, big old bust is possible.

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

24F  Moderate Snow.  Looks like 1-1.5"  Baking powder otg so must have been some crappy snow growth.  Better flakes now.  Hopefullly we hit my 4-6" if the heavoes to the W move through.

It's just hitting here.....picked up a lot with good flakes.  I'm anticipating great ratio fluff.  Vis less than 1/2 miles.

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

Well, it beats the Grinch in any case.

No no definitely.  That's not a complaint, just an observation based off Dendrite's comment.  Haha.

I've already said this morning that I'm fine with 3-4" on Christmas morning...I mean can't ask for much more than that.  Never going to beat my 20" during the day on Christmas in 2002 in Albany.

Archived