SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
I'm Dreaming of a White Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended up with 2" (maybe a bit more).  What a wild scene early in the a.m.  I got up at 6 am to go and take care of some stuff, and when i was driving, I was getting a pelting, accumlating sleet.  When I got back at 7 or so it was starting to snow.  I slept for a few hours and woke to complete rippage.  Was nice.  Drove up to have Christmas dinner in Boston (Brighton) and it was a great scene with everyone out clearing snow, and plows trying to maneuver through the streets.  lol how I don't miss living in Boston. 

Nice anti-Grinch storm.  

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Was texting with Phil. Mini 05 indeed. Came in a very similar fashion. He even said he got texts saying “this reminds me of that storm several years ago....”  He said it was wild for a few minutes.

Where did he go? He doesn't post here anymore, and he doesn't really do anything on Facebook either. I'm bummed because he is very knowledgeable about my area down to the Cape and I would trust his forecasts in a heartbeat. 

3 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Where did he go? He doesn't post here anymore, and he doesn't really do anything on Facebook either. I'm bummed because he is very knowledgeable about my area down to the Cape and I would trust his forecasts in a heartbeat. 

Oh he's around. I think with his job he's tied up with doing stuff. He's with Barnstable county EMA. I think because of politics and what not, he can't really post. I agree...he knows the Cape well.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm not on Twitter. I knew about his website and I used to check it out a lot when I first moved here. But he never kept it updated so I stopped checking. Looks like he is back to keeping the website up to date. I should start checking in more often, again

Archived