Newest Member
    SnowHabit
I'm Dreaming of a White Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Lol no, eastern CT has gotten some of the ENE goods, but lumping all of CT south of Hartford into one category is silly. It's like saying everywhere in the CRV south of Northampton is the same snow hole everywhere you go...oh wait, that's actually true.

No, the point I am making is that from Hartford south has done almost as well as eastern new england on the whole. From just north of BDL to Springfield up the valley and often extreme nw ct and the berks to eastern ny and much of vermont has not fared nearly as well comparatively. Northampton down to Springfield is particularly awful but the lack of snow most recent winters eastern ny/nw mass and much of vt has been staggering

Measured 8" before clearing the driveway, on 0.65" LE, then had a dusting afterwards.  16" at the stake, about the most I've had here on 12/25.  Not real windy, which is the norm except in really strong events, and that's fine by me - nice to run the snowblower without having the stream blown back into my face.

I just measured in front of my apartment until I hit the concrete base of old snow. Surprisingly, Dover didn't do well with this storm as I thought.

Only 5-6" of new snow by my estimation and it does correspond well with the depth of 11-12" in my front yard. So glad I was in Nottingham for this one.

Archived