• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I'm Dreaming of a White Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

7" new at 11 AM, probably about 8 by now.  At least 5" came 9-11.  GYX posted a blizz warning for the south half of their CWA, including S.Franklin.  Visibility during that 2-hour burst was under 1/8 mile, but peak gust was no more than 20 mph.  There's a reason this snowy but sheltered in-woods location has only met blizzard conditions 4 times in 19+ years. 

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Maine folk!! Pics are awesome... ended with 5.25 official here, very much the over performance from what I thought, was expecting 3-4", and with taint last night I thought it was only going to be about the half inch that fell... being in recovery mode still, tough to get to the board for a measurement, so I had to school dad on the process...was hoping for a wx cam to go with my station this xmas, but no dice. If anyone knows anyone with a cheap one, pm me

33/17 and winds starting to gust

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Just when you thought it couldn't get heavier, Just puking.

image.png

Probably what my area looked like 2 hours ago.  Backed off to moderate here, and the best echoes are moving away to the east.  This event has brought nearly 5X (and counting) the cumulative snowfall of the previous 19 Christmas Days, and 2017 will be just the 5th of 20 without any Grinch-ey wx here; Saturday's mess was all at subfreezing temps and while it pounded down the snow a bit, it melted none.  Merry Christmas!!

Just now, tamarack said:

Probably what my area looked like 2 hours ago.  Backed off to moderate here, and the best echoes are moving away to the east.  This event has brought nearly 5X (and counting) the cumulative snowfall of the previous 19 Christmas Days, and 2017 will be just the 5th of 20 without any Grinch-ey wx here; Saturday's mess was all at subfreezing temps and while it pounded down the snow a bit, it melted none.  Merry Christmas!!

Awesome out there, Merry Christmas as well.

16 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Thanks Jer! Happy Holidays. Glad to have WxBell back. I understand why so many are confused on here again, now. Especially during events. Was very difficult for me to understand the event until I signed up last night to see modeling last minute.

Lol wut weather.us blows them away, for free

Archived