Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
I'm Dreaming of a White Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BuildingScienceWx said:

That back-side heavy band just rotated in. Heavy snow/ice pellet mix, winds increased as well. Ground still brown, should change very quickly. Wow.

That was fun! Was expecting to get blanked here. Nice whorl of heavy snow and wind as we settled for Christmas coffee. Merry Christmas everyone! Pulled off my first white one in a long long time! 

11 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

SN+ continues, but the back end is rapidly approaching.

We underperform--at least wrt to the models leading up through yesterday.  The HRRR quickly started pointing to wagons SE last evening.  I'm figuring we might still mange a 5-spot.  We'll see.

How many tiimes in the past 5 years have we seen BOX throw out these big totals for out here only to have it bust by 50%?    It's perplexing.

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

How many tiimes in the past 5 years have we seen BOX throw out these big totals for out here only to have it bust by 50%?    It's perplexing.

Yeah--kind of sucks.  At least we out-performed in both the icing event and the 8.5" one earlier.

Pit2 up through Jeff is getting demolished today.

Edit:  that said, we are still sitting with vis <1/4.  It will likely be done in 30 minutes, but we did get a good 90 minute burst.

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

Nice--glad you're getting it.  Kind of a bust for us in GC.

I was checking the Mesoscale analysis page, It looks like the low is going to track a little further SE then the models had it, Takes the secondary about 50 miles east of the coastline into the eastern Gulf of Maine instead of hugging it and tracking it into DE Maine.

Archived