Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
I'm Dreaming of a White Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Well that was an interesting ride from Moosup to BDL and back from a #wxgeek perspective. Left at 230 with it rain and 33, lt rain all the way to BDL , Snow slush roads started in East Hartford 31 degrees, 29 at BDL with freezing mist. 91 had 1 good lane open.Headed back through mist until Glastonbury when it started dumping heavy wet snow at 32 then rain in Marlborough all the way home temps 35. Going to be a mess out there but alas the Grinch lives here.  Enjoy and a very Merry Christmas to my fellow wxpeeps

Merry Christmas, Steve.

I'm pretty sure that at the end, yes, the Grinch himself, carved the roast beast and give you a a white Christmas.

Quite the temp gradient:  your 35 compares to my 21.4*

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man this thing is moving right along.... about an inch up here so far but no way we get more than 4", IMO. 

Models really cut back up here overnight but couldn't care less...this is the one "storm" where anything is good.  A few inches on Christmas morning is more than enough.

Good luck to everyone else.

Merry Christmas!

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Man this thing is moving right along.... about an inch up here so far but no way we get more than 4", IMO. 

Models really cut back up here overnight but couldn't care less...this is the one "storm" where anything is good.  A few inches on Christmas morning is more than enough.

Good luck to everyone else.

Merry Christmas!

The models have shifted the highest qpf east of me as well.  Box still give me the jack.  Between models and (weathertap) radar, I'm thinking I wind up with 4-6".

2 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

About 0.8.  Gonna need a very strong finish here for warning amounts.  Band looks sick to the west.  4-5 is my guess but we'll see. Merry Christmas to all regardless.  

It's not too often you see AQW getting croaked.  FWIW--BOX just posted this:

A band of heavy snow is expected to move through western
and interior northern Massachusetts between 6 and 9 am. The heavy
snow may also impact Hartford county.

Snowfall rates up to 2 inches per hour are possible which will
cause very poor visibilities and hazardous travel. The snow will
end from west to east between 9 and 11 am.

16 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

The models have shifted the highest qpf east of me as well.  Box still give me the jack.  Between models and (weathertap) radar, I'm thinking I wind up with 4-6".

Definitely some big shifts in the last 12 hours.  Even in Maine, it's organizing now to crush much closer to the coast when the past several days it was in the mountains and southern Quebec.

Biggest bust will likely be southern Quebec into N.NH and extreme NW ME where yesterday's runs were showing up to an inch of QPF and now down under half an inch with that east jog.

These shifts should give Dryslot a very Merry Christmas, haha.

hrrr_snow_neng_13.png

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Definitely some big shifts in the last 12 hours.  Even in Maine, it's organizing now to crush much closer to the coast when the past several days it was in the mountains and southern Quebec.

Biggest bust will likely be southern Quebec into N.NH and extreme NW ME where yesterday's runs were showing up to an inch of QPF and now down under half an inch with that east jog.

hrrr_snow_neng_13.png

LOL at the whole over the PIT on that depiction.  Well, I'll be at Pit2 for the dig-out there.

Archived