Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
I'm Dreaming of a White Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of it is working out well too. CCB/deepening happens a bit earlier than progged 24 hours ago so that is a big help back this way. 

I was always sort of curious why so many were downplaying this here locally... I had 1-3 SE of 84 and 3-6 NW of 84 since midday Friday which seemed pretty reasonable.

8 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

A lot of it is working out well too. CCB/deepening happens a bit earlier than progged 24 hours ago so that is a big help back this way. 

I was always sort of curious why so many were downplaying this here locally... I had 1-3 SE of 84 and 3-6 NW of 84 since midday Friday which seemed pretty reasonable.

Everyone at the party tonight was downplaying that watched the other channels I explained there is only one network to watch when it comes to weather lol and to expect the 3-6

22 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

No need to put the kids gifts through the garbage disposal after all.

Steadier snow here, ground is white, just in time for midnight mass crowd.

They are safe under the tree, wrapped meticiously tonight with care and love.

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

He was way more paranoid than he should've been. It has looked pretty solid for the 84 corridor for a while. Got close a few times but sometimes you gotta go with climo a little more and the Synoptics.  Still may briefly taint but should be a good event along that swath. 

I thought I had valid reasons to be conservative here, though. It didnt exactly scream confidence with 84 being on razors edge. Not everyone can DIT an event with pom poms and guerilla glue shredded snow maps.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

They are safe under the tree, wrapped meticiously tonight with care and love.

I thought I had valid reasons to be conservative here, though. It didnt exactly scream confidence with 84 being on razors edge. Not everyone can DIT an event with pom poms and gorilla glue shredded snow maps. 

I'd rather be in WEHA than Tolland I think for this.

43 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Well not you.... lol. 

I'm in Harwinton for the night... looking forward to a well placed pivot tomorrow morning. 

Welcome to my neck of the woods! I'm in New Hartford but on the harwinton line. If you need any plowing services you let me know haha! Merry christmas

Big flake flying before. About 1/2 down on the ground.

Archived