Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Holidays 2017-18 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

Just now, mitchnick said:

Seems like we get ripped off some how, but still nice

Mitch, if h5 closes off exactly like what the euro just did....there will be banding up the ying yang. Even thunder and lightning. I'm prepared for the obvious fail but it's fun to contemplate how this run would play out in real life. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

IF this happens, giant freaking IF, it would likely be a dendrite bomb with us parked in the CCB the whole time.

That was pretty much my entire takeaway. Back that thing in just a bit closer and we might have a blizzard on our hands. You know, if this was actually even a realistic scenario, which I highly doubt it is, although the trend over the past 24 hrs is promising.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Mitch, if h5 closes off exactly like what the euro just did....there will be banding up the ying yang. Even thunder and lightning. I'm prepared for the obvious fail but it's fun to contemplate how this run would play out in real life. 

Sort of like buying a Powerball ticket to dream for a measly few hours of what you would do with the money? Wake up the next morning with a “not even one damn number” and the ground is still brown to boot! :lol:

Anyway—let’s win one! We got this...

Just now, stormtracker said:

It's a trap.

I'm just hoping to scrape some qpf out of the deal. Guidance is sorta locked in on the general idea and it's certainly more of a SNE/NNE type of progression. All the important stuff happens between 120-144 so we're still 2-3 days away from a range where things become believable. 

GEFS has a couple similar solutions though so there's that.... I'm beyond gun shy though... And I hate complicated stream interactions like this... but there's a chance so I'll be staying up until 2am tonight. 

15 minutes ago, usedtobe said:

I always worry when it takes that much digging of the northern stream.  knock down the upstream ridge a bit and poof, the low runs farther east.  Need it to be in the 72 hour time range. 

That is what I'm thinking too...so much has to go perfect and in an extreme way for this to work.  I still want to see things trend towards a further west dig of the trough to allow everything to get going better to our south...then I would feel more confident that this doesn't end up a New ENgland special.  The euro lends some hope though. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm just hoping to scrape some qpf out of the deal. Guidance is sorta locked in on the general idea and it's certainly more of a SNE/NNE type of progression. All the important stuff happens between 120-144 so we're still 2-3 days away from a range where things become believable. 

GEFS has a couple similar solutions though so there's that.... I'm beyond gun shy though... And I hate complicated stream interactions like this... but there's a chance so I'll be staying up until 2am tonight. 

I get it and I'm right there with you, but until Sunday, I'll remain meh after the last two debacles.  

11 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'd love to see the soundings off this run. There is no doubt in my mind there are +TSSN soundings in the area. No doubt at all....

IF this run verified verbatim, it would elbow itself high up the NESIS list. Absolute blizzard for NYC.

As for our area, absolutely. We wouldn’t have as much precip, but we’d get great ratios and banding. 

Damn there I go getting excited about this fantasy. Probably better off to root for this thing becoming a healthy clipper.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived