Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Holidays 2017-18 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really close to something enormous with that odd secondary low popping near the coast - I presume a transfer from the GLL.  If we can get the main low to do that reverse transfer earlier - i.e. if the GLL comes south - or if for some other reason it tracks nearer the coast (trough goes more negative) - we're in business.

Lord I miss wx graphics already. From what I can tell, the lead (miller a) shortwave looks weaker and farther east, but the trailing northern stream vorts are in a better position for us. Based on the 168hr map, it looks like we *should*be getting CCBed well.

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Lord I miss wx graphics already. From what I can tell, the lead (miller a) shortwave looks weaker and farther east, but the trailing northern stream vorts are in a better position for us. Based on the 168hr map, it looks like we *should*be getting CCBed well.

huh?

http://wx.graphics/models/ecmwf/ecmwf_usa.php

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

We were hoping for that . Wow 

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I always worry when it takes that much digging of the northern stream.  knock down the upstream ridge a bit and poof, the low runs farther east.  Need it to be in the 72 hour time range. 

Just now, usedtobe said:

I always worry when it takes that much digging of the northern stream.  knock down the upstream ridge a bit and poof, the low runs farther east.  Need it to be in the 72 hour time range. 

No doubt Wes. This is the first run of any kind that suggests the northern stream closing off south of us. I guess this is still similar in some ways to Jan 2000. Tenuous and fragile are a couple adjectives that come to mind. Unlike more traditional ways to snow...this one has a heck of a lot of stuff to go right and anything that goes wrong ruins all the fun. Complicated + long lead = ugh

1 minute ago, usedtobe said:

Wes with this setup I wouldn’t feel comfortable until we’re like 36-48hrs out. High risk high reward setup.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived