• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Holidays 2017-18 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

i think its been a horrendous winter so far. We have one real snow event that didnt even cover sideroads and sidewalks lol...lets face it..the others were a joke. Then i started getting 2015 flashbacks to the January blizzard when almost every model...no matter what the solution was was giving us 15-20 inches of snow. All of them. How does a juicy STJ just dissapear on the modeling. Anyway....i dont get excited about cold. I like snow and only snow and this month for me has been a big waste of time.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ji said:

i think its been a horrendous winter so far. We have one real snow event that didnt even cover sideroads and sidewalks lol...lets face it..the others were a joke. Then i started getting 2015 flashbacks to the January blizzard when almost every model...no matter what the solution was was giving us 15-20 inches of snow. All of them. How does a juicy STJ just dissapear on the modeling. Anyway....i dont get excited about cold. I like snow and only snow and this month for me has been a big waste of time.

this is like our 20th day in a "good pattern" and we are woefully short of snow

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

I mean, I've already gotten more snow than the past 3 Decembers combined, soo.. to each their own I guess

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

2 minutes ago, Ji said:

this is like our 20th day in a "good pattern" and we are woefully short of snow

1 minute ago, Ji said:

we led off the winter with a standup double that we bunted in for an rbi and we have stranded 14 runners since

Take a lesson kids and PDIII.  This is how you gripe.  

Just now, Cobalt said:

I mean, I've already gotten more snow than the past 3 Decembers combined, soo.. to each their own I guess

thats great. You got no snow the other 3 decembers. All you needed was a dusting. Dont listen to bob..its been a waste of a December lol

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

thats great. You got no snow the other 3 decembers. All you needed was a dusting. Dont listen to bob..its been a waste of a December lol

Any snow after Christmas sucks any way.  Would rather have a white Christmas than a late Jan bliz, Feb blow storm, or March sidewalk melter (by then you got the whole sun angle (posts) to deal with :p)

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Excellent point. The good thing is the pattern implodes around Jan 7th so we won't have to stress about this crap anymore. 

its actually easier. When the pattern looks like it did last year...i go to bed at 10:00pm....right before the GFS and euro show blues in the arctic for the 15 straight day

Excellent point. The good thing is the pattern implodes around Jan 7th so we won't have to stress about this crap anymore. 

Ah crap, I just checked the 18z gefs. Stupid -AO and -EPO are trying to come back. At least the PNA is nice and negative so that should delay the return to snow and cold for a few days. 

I'm a little sore from shoveling all the digital snow but I can probably find a second wind and pile up some good cold. 

if this is really a 95-96 analog...its going to keep being painful till our Jan 6 blizzard...then massive torch and will reconvene in February

6 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I am just looking forward to shoveling all that historic cold. Whee.

Highs in the 20s and 30s is really not historic cold. I mean, we kinda do need some cold in place to get snow. This is not  "Arctic air completely overwhelming the pattern". That is just silly. The issue is a NS dominated progressive flow pattern, weak azz SS energy, and probably not enough amplification with the PNA ridge. Oh, and a +NAO, like we would ever expect anything else. lol

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

if this is really a 95-96 analog...its going to keep being painful till our Jan 6 blizzard...then massive torch and will reconvene in February

Except for the snow part this year is a perfect fit. We may overperform with the Jan thaw but at least we won't have to deal with 6 feet of melting snow. 

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Before I get band by the mean h20.... People need to do some reality checking. If you are looking for door to door cold with an event every 1-2 weeks this area is WAY low on the list of places to live. We are who we are here and always will be. We're having the best Dec since 2009 and people are unhinged. It's kinda embarrassing honestly. 

December 2013 was better at least in my area, but that depends on where you live.

I'm pretty satisfied with the way this December has gone. It wasn't amazing, but it was good enough and a whole lot better than the horror shows that were the past 3 torch Decembers. Of course people tend to get impatient when one day it looks like there could be a 10"+ storm, and then the next day it dwindles to almost nothing.

But then we all have to remember that we don't live on Jay Peak.

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The negativity is becoming all encompassing. Prolific. Pretty weird lol.

I mentioned the Panic Room because I took my first-ever trip to it a few minutes ago, just to see what it was all about. It was breathtaking. I may go back after I track the next GFS Fake Vort Storm (FVS).

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The negativity is becoming all encompassing. Prolific. Pretty weird lol.

People spend way too much time on weather models and weather boards. Doing that will drive anyone insane. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that the big NYE storm disappeared, but we've been through this countless times in all the years that the forums have been around.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived