Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
The snow, sleet, and freezing rain oh my Dec 27-30 thread

lilj4425

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Larry says no blocking, so HP would slide out correct? No mention of SE? 

https://lnkd.in/eB6pjM7  WEATHERAmerica Newsletter is online! The potential for a significant snow and ice event looms for the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions around December 29 - 31. Lots of Arctic air, but little or no blocking signatures at high latitudes. Merry Christmas

1 minute ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Big Larry says no blocking, so HP would slide out correct? No mention of SE? 

https://lnkd.in/eB6pjM7  WEATHERAmerica Newsletter is online! The potential for a significant snow and ice event looms for the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions around December 29 - 31. Lots of Arctic air, but little or no blocking signatures at high latitudes. Merry Christmas

He needs to retire.... or be fired, embarrassing.

6 minutes ago, shahroz98 said:

Looks like no power for alot of us if this verifies

As modeled it would be about 24 straight hours of sleet/ zr for many piedmont areas, not a good situation! While I would definitely take sleet over zr, all I would be thinking about is what could have been with snow instead.

This setup looks pretty good for winter weather, but just remember everyone, this is still about five days out and what we are seeing now will most likely not be the final result. Massive changes could still be in-store. We have seen cases before with good general model concensus that turned out to be way off. Not trying to be negative, just keep it in perspective. Definitely be excited about the upcoming pattern though, best looking stretch we've had since at least 2010-11.

Archived