Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The snow, sleet, and freezing rain oh my Dec 27-30 thread

lilj4425

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Got some quarter size flakes here as well east of town.....still maybe 50/50 sleet snow mix....

I’m near the corner of Greenville Blvd and Memorial. It seems like it’s pretty much all sleet now. It was really nice while it lasted. 

Did DT put all his eggs in the same basket?

"FINAL UPDATE ON DEC 29-- THE THREAT FOR **ACCUMULATING SNOW** FOR ALL AREAS FOR DEC 29 IS GONE

those German & Swiss models which yesterday shows some moderate snow get into se third of VA and 4" plus into eastern half of NC have now both backed off of that idea completely. So even that outside possibility of seeing a few inches of snow in eastern NC and se VA is Now gone"

1 hour ago, tramadoc said:
1 hour ago, shaggy said:
Just when I try to start having faith in TWC again their on air met just said "some snow has been reported east of Raliegh in the higher elevations"......Smh

To be fair, the Pyrenees are east of Raleigh.

Rocky Mount and Mount Olive, y'all.

It's really amazing how much the temperature drops once snow starts to fall. We were at 40 degrees this morning at 730 and the snow started around 9 am. The temperature dropped steadily to 32.8 through the whole event. Once the snow stopped the temperature started to rise. Now at 37.9 degrees per my AcuRite Weather Station in the backyard. It's about 12 feet off the ground.

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived