Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The snow, sleet, and freezing rain oh my Dec 27-30 thread

lilj4425

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CummingGaSnow said:

Why the morning as opposed to the evening? I'd think we'd want the evening so the damming could be firmly established so we can wet-bulb to the max.

It would be established by then, and that's the coldest part of the day, the cold air would continue to funnel in as it precipitated. You don't want to take any chances with any kind of warming, I don't care what time of year it is

8 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

New Years threat is alive and well. If you take this look verbatim, whatever the hell this look is, then yes you will be disappointed 

To Pack’s defense, it really started trending the wrong way at 00z last night and really took a dump at 12z today. Very disappointing to say the least. N/S dominant right now.

I believe Bob Chill said it best. We would be better off if operational models only ran out to 120 hrs and ensembles went out to the long range. Would temper the expectations for a lot of folks. Going off the last couple precip events for up here weve over performed all the modeling for qpf. Hopefully this one continues the trend and we can squeeze out .25 or more and its powdery snow.

2 minutes ago, oconeexman said:

I believe Bob Chill said it best. We would be better off if operational models only ran out to 120 hrs and ensembles went out to the long range. Would temper the expectations for a lot of folks. Going off the last couple precip events for up here weve over performed all the modeling for qpf. Hopefully this one continues the trend and we can squeeze out .25 or more and its powdery snow.

My signature quote from isohume about ghosts and the GFS says it best. Lol. 

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived