Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The snow, sleet, and freezing rain oh my Dec 27-30 thread

lilj4425

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

Well that got out of hand quickly. Maybe it comes back tomorrow. Maybe not. At least you guys will get the cold you wanted so badly. Still looking like an outside chance of a bomb on New Years. Things could be worse

To me anyway, plain cold has it's own beauty.  Sure would be nice to get some snow to go along with it, though.

I don't think all hope is lost on this one just yet.. How many times over the years have we seen the models pick up on a storm 8-10 days out only to lose it around 5 days out then bring it back 3 or 4 days out. I expected this storm to all but disappear at some point. Now let's see if it starts creeping back into the runs.

50 minutes ago, cwick20 said:

I don't think all hope is lost on this one just yet.. How many times over the years have we seen the models pick up on a storm 8-10 days out only to lose it around 5 days out then bring it back 3 or 4 days out. I expected this storm to all but disappear at some point. Now let's see if it starts creeping back into the runs.

This. I’ll take a suppressed look this far out nine times out of ten. Feeling bullish about this one.

54 minutes ago, cwick20 said:

Yup! It trips me out how people are jumping off the cliff and all hope is lost mentality. Heck...we have AWESOME SIGNALS for a wintry pattern in the next week to week and a half. It will all work itself out. While we are on the subject of "getting the shaft", I cannot stand when you have almost total consistency with the major models for days and days on end and then you realize during the beginning of the event that it is NOT going to be ANYTHING like the monster snows shown for days and the warnings from the NWS end up being for naught. Now that is what I call a MAJOR KICK IN THE SHA-BEEP. LOL. 

7 minutes ago, Rankin5150 said:

Yup! It trips me out how people are jumping off the cliff and all hope is lost mentality. Heck...we have AWESOME SIGNALS for a wintry pattern in the next week to week and a half. It will all work itself out. While we are on the subject of "getting the shaft", I cannot stand when you have almost total consistency with the major models for days and days on end and then you realize during the beginning of the event that it is NOT going to be ANYTHING like the monster snows shown for days and the warnings from the NWS end up being for naught. Now that is what I call a MAJOR KICK IN THE SHA-BEEP. LOL. 

Sadly we know this all to well here in the south :( haha

I'm starting to sweat a little bit.  We definitely need to stop this trend with the 12z runs.  This would be a terrible of waste of a perfect pattern with an excellent wedge if we can't generate any precip. It would be par for the course though.... It seems like every storm i'm in a good spot only for the last second shift 50 miles north that leaves me mostly rain; however, when that last second shift would be to my benefit, it will probably go the other way.

Exact thing happened to me for the Feb. 2014 storm when Columbia got 9 inches of snow. I was certain that one would shift north, but it never did. The precip shield did expand a little bit towards the event and I got 3 inches, but nothing like the usually northwest shift.

The 12z runs may show us to a degree but I'm thinking the Oz runs tonight will give us a better picture of whether the hammer start hitting the nail on this one or whether we're all excited about its potential. Maybe it's just the Christmas spirit but I feel like things will trend our way tonight.

3 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

I'm starting to sweat a little bit.  We definitely need to stop this trend with the 12z runs.  This would be a terrible of waste of a perfect pattern with an excellent wedge if we can't generate any precip. It would be par for the course though.... It seems like every storm i'm in a good spot only for the last second shift 50 miles north that leaves me mostly rain; however, when that last second shift would be to my benefit, it will probably go the other way.

Exact thing happened to me for the Feb. 2014 storm when Columbia got 9 inches of snow. I was certain that one would shift north, but it never did. The precip shield did expand a little bit towards the event and I got 3 inches, but nothing like the usually northwest shift.

I know what you mean. I will NEVER forget the 12" of snow i got IMBY for the February, 2014 Snow Storm. They originally called for 6"-8" and we ended up with 12"-13", due to THUNDERSNOW and the comma head setting up over my area. It was so awesome to see it OVER PERFORM. That storm and the February 2004 storms are both excellent reminders that anything can change at the last minute and you end up getting a LOT MORE than ANYONE saw coming. I hope we see a storm like that this season!!

19 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Meh, it was all just going to be ZR anyways. I would much rather have it pan out when we have a shot at mostly or all snow instead of a crippling economic damaging ice storm. 

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived