Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Dec 22-23 Snow/Ice Observations

moneypitmike

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the RAP shows it well too...we may get a brief burst down to the pike area too between 4pm and 7pm before the change...maybe pick up a quick inch or so.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Well sometimes near the coast where I am too. Like Will said, should be more action this aftn. I admit not looking terrible hard up there at the details, but that seems to be the consensus. Struggling with KBOS. 

Yeah, RAP is impressive with the 700 mb omega across C NH. I'm still skeptical about 9-10" total for MHT and PSM, but we'll at least get nice bursts at time once we get that slight southern shift. Definitely will at least meet the warning.

CNH.png

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Really starting to crush now.

Just cleared 2" at the mountain but the best banding is just south of here.

J.Spin looks like he's going to hit 4" very soon and he's at 1-2"/hr rates there it looks like right now.  Massive flakes on his cam.

He just hit 5" on his cam... so that's easy 2"/hr there as I posted this a half hour ago.

7 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

The better echoes have arrived in Boscawen and visibilty is dropping.  Snow growth is okay, not great but not sand.  Lets see what happens when the dark greens get here.  We are at about an inch now.

I posted too soon. I hadn’t looked at radar before you posted this. Bigger growth is moving in now. The next few hours will need to be 1”/hr to meet some of those totals.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I posted too soon. I hadn’t looked at radar before you posted this. Bigger growth is moving in now. The next few hours will need to be 1”/hr to meet some of those totals.

MHT flipped to -SNPL. Models were pretty adamant the saturation in the DGZ may struggle down there.

Just now, dendrite said:

Go time has arrived, fingers crossed, though bigger flakes aren't winning yet.  Could be a new foot by Tuesday and 18 otg. 18 degrees here with moderate snow increasing.  a "wavy" look to the echoes to our west.

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

Go time has arrived, fingers crossed, though bigger flakes aren't winning yet.  Could be a new foot by Tuesday and 18 otg. 18 degrees here with moderate snow increasing.  a "wavy" look to the echoes to our west.

They’re winning here. We pound.

Archived