Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Holidays 2017-18 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 87storms said:

12z looks like more moisture drawn up so far on the cmc.

Yeah, it's less suppressed this run, but still mostly a miss for us.  The GFS and CMC are now in much better agreement.  Not where we want them to be, but not too far off either.

Definitely a different looking run. Scraps the big overrunning for a late blooming coastal. Blocking over the top in the NAO domain makes me think this solution has potential to slow down/ trend west towards the coast. This is a whole new solution though so not sure I buy it. Want to see the ensembles.

2 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

GFS doesn't look like a monster storm but it looks like snow hangs around, and the temps are really good for fluffy high ratio snow. Curious to see what happens after it passes, wonder if we get a two-part solution like the Euro a couple runs ago.

It tried to draw that coastal lp in but was too late for us.

7 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

I am not complaining about that run but I was really liking the idea of a moisture bomb overrunning deal... 

I like the SE coastal idea, and with enough blocking and the 50-50 vortex, this could end up deeper/closer to the coast. Lots to be worked out and lots of time to watch it unfold. Just another scenario in the range of possible outcomes.

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

I'm seeing widespread 5-6". This is fluffy, high ratio snow as modeled in the GFS.

I only looked briefly. That’s ok I suppose. For now we take. We know full well it’s going to change again and again for days (meaning my mood AND the models) ;) 

Just now, Bob Chill said:

I'd actually prefer the the PNA ridge like the 12z gfs shows verses the GOA ridge. +PNA/-NAO combo is an earmark of a cold snowstorm. 

agree.  I like cold powder that sticks on everything even if it means less.  This solution helps temper some of the rainy ones which I had thought might get some legs.  still might but not this go around.

Just now, mitchnick said:

depends on how slow it moves; flow definitely needs to back though

Squash city is probably near the bottom of the list of things I'm going to worry about. We have yet to have an amplified/suppressed long range solution verify this year. 

Euro was a 1-2 with pieces ejecting out. GFS is similar to that. Euro will prob come in with a phased precip bomb to keep us guessing for days on end. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived