Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Holidays 2017-18 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Not sure I would trust the GEFS in the extended so much. Huge disconnect at range with GEFS. Compare the 500's, 850's and surface temps. at the end of the run to see what I mean. 

as many swings as were seeing in the medium range....

duly noted.....

There's enough to chew on next week, and thats still many runs (panic attacks) away....

(panic attack is being used jokingly here...)

Im taking the better ridging out west as my win for the day...

12 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

as many swings as were seeing in the medium range....

duly noted.....

There's enough to chew on next week, and thats still many runs (panic attacks) away....

(panic attack is being used jokingly here...)

Im taking the better ridging out west as my win for the day...

Not going to spend any time looking into (post 10 day after all) but it probably fits in with my previous post a few minutes ago about where the GFS was dumping the trough surge out of Canada into the Southwest and I thought it would more likely verify as a dump southeast. 500mb and surface temps reflect the GEFS members probably being in two camps with one dumping into the SW and the other south and east. Yet the 850 temps argue for a trough surge south and east. Might be something to keep an eye on in the coming days, a dump SE probably sets us up for another run at something good.

2 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

The miller B's that scare the heck out of me are the ones with a moisture starved NS shortwave rounding the base and THEN getting going. This "should" be a well developed system well west of here. Models are showing a well developed pac shortwave with plenty of precip getting forced under strong HP. Even if it's a northern WV coastal jump, both our yards get good precip regardless. I think we can all live with that. If the transfer happens in KY to the coast then both our areas get under the pivot and CCB. Feb 2010 comes to mind but not nearly the same magnitude. 

some of our better events (from a SECS/MECS point of view) are those west to east systems that tap the gulf into the TN valley and undercut us.  those can often produce those not too little, not too much 3-6/4-8"+ storms.  kinda hoping this is one of those.

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Trough looks to be setting up much better for the weekend. We should not see a suppressed solution with our system on this run.

Showme for the PBP.  

Would be nice to have this continue the "how we snow" trends of the season so far....

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:
1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:
Euro is ejecting things in pieces. Still going to work but not a big storm solution this run. 

Looking at 500mb anomalies it is total opposite from last run and tries dumping a full trof out West now late week.

Yea, the most important thing (snow and not rain) comes out of it so just another iteration with a snowy result. I'm good with that. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived