December 24-25 Snow Potential

Hoosier

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

NWS Wilmington OH  @NWSILN
30s
[10:46 PM] With the snow squalls earlier tonight, thundersnow was confirmed near our office around 8:33 PM and shortly afterwards in Pike County around 9:20 PM.

Had a squall at 9:30 with a brief white out but no thunder. That would have been awesome.

The late afternoon show showers definitely helped to make up for the pixie fest that was this system.  It didn't add up to more than a trace, but it was great seeing bursts of nice dendrites as the showers passed through.  At times it was snowing quite nicely with the sun out.  

Sure is nice to see the fresh snow on the ground with the xmas lights around the neighborhood.  Really completes the festive look lol.

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Had 4.5" of beautiful powder on Christmas Eve. It could not have been more perfectly drawn up on a Christmas movie. Everything was glistening. The water content was 0.37" but the flakes were small that's why it didn't fluff up to higher ratios. Again, just a perfect White Christmas and Merry Christmas to all!

Actually picked up 0.2 this morning so 4.7" total

27 minutes ago, Powerball said:

I have to LOL at the covergence band settiing up along I-69.

But that aside, I'm happy. Couldnt ask for more perfect Christmas weather. Even seeing rare Christmas sunshine to top it off. :)

After the convergence band went through here, we now have partial sunshine...probably the most we have seen all month! Funny how it takes lake effect snow to get some sunshine....

1 hour ago, Powerball said:

I have to LOL at the covergence band settiing up along I-69.

But that aside, I'm happy. Couldnt ask for more perfect Christmas weather. Even seeing rare Christmas sunshine to top it off. :)

We're in that band now, crazy snow coming down right now, picked up 1.5" since I plowed the 6" we got yesterday and last night. 1/4 mile visibility right now, would not want to be driving on I69 right now. Merry Christmas everyone!

Archived