• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 24-25 Snow Potential

Hoosier

Well, we have the GFS as a lingering holdout, but most other models are indicating the potential for something during this time from near/north of the Ohio River up into parts of WI/MI.  Kinda early to get into amounts but if the consensus verifies, could see an area of a few to possibly several inches especially with decent ratios.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

What a Christmas treat this would be if it came true. Especially after deep snow vanishing the past 3 days. The timing is something you usually see in a fictional tv movie. Of course plenty of time for it to change for better or worse.

This is what makes it so intriguing to watch.

I agree that some changes are still possible. The main vort was still partially off-shore for the 12z runs this morning so I expect some more changes by 00z.

As of Wed. evening IND has low confidence forecast of less than 2" of snow for Christmas but are at least mentioning the possibility of a midweek storm as indicated above.  But these GFS modeled storms seem to come and go like ripples in a stream.  Need more consistency within and model agreement with others before I can get really concerned.

I just joined f5weather tonight and was able to look at gem and euro. They both remarkably are in good agreement. Have a pretty robust wave riding up the baroclinic zone. The precip shield even had a nice deformation zone look to it. Euro had slightly more qpf but in general both models had 2-4in of snow running from central MO to central IL and across a good portion of Indiana and Ohio. This system will be limited because of moisture but high LSR's would compensate. I know gem has a bad track record but with euro showing this to I'm more keen to believe it

14 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Despite the GFS and GEFS not biting on this one yet, there was a pretty good signal on the 12z Euro Ensemble today. A majority of the members had light to moderate qpf.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

00z NAM not playing ball, so we may be setting up the ol American/foreign model camps if things remain status quo on this cycle.

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

00z NAM not playing ball, so we may be setting up the ol American/foreign model camps if things remain status quo on this cycle.

Crazy how that works sometimes. I think it is def possible given the energy aloft and a sharp baroclinic zone. Gfs aka goofus has been doing a lot of radical shifts lately. Hard to trust it

Archived