joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Theirs and okx snow maps dont match some of the wwa’s. Unless they think christmas travel will be disrupted enough to issue them...but some zones, it is certainly not based off their snow amounts. 

Two things.....I'd up their totals one 'color' up their scale across the board.

WRT to the advisory, I think it's tied to a fair amount of potential that they'd bust low.

27.8*

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I know others have said it,  but I think the 128 region is in trouble regarding outages. They are gonna get pasted I think and you have the ice still on trees too.

If you say so, Kevin.

Meanwhile, GYX is serving up something good for Christmas:

Total snow accumulations of 8 to 11 inches, with localized amounts up to 14 inches, are expected.

2 hours ago, White Rain said:

Are there places that still have a lot of ice on the trees? Our trees were encased until after midnight; but temps spiking briefly to around 34 knocked much of it off. More like a top layer of ice on many branches now. Driveway and the snow in the yard are a thick sheet of ice however. 

I still have quite a bit of ice on my trees, as well as the rest of town.  I drove through Andover and they also had quite a bit of ice still on alot of the trees.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not sure why they were 2-4 in western Essex....was shocked. Go cold

Yeah seemed a bit strange.  I live only about 1 mile from the NH border, across in Salem, GYX had 4-8 there, so maybe they picked up on what they had, plus looking at the HRRR.  I saw no mention in the discussion about adding it.

3 hours ago, White Rain said:

Are there places that still have a lot of ice on the trees? 

I live in North Andover and currently work in Burlington.  I like to take the backroads.   The trees, bushes, etc from Burlington, north through Wilmington then thru Harold Parker up to the Boxford State Forest....it's still all encased.  It's a nice backdrop for the Christmas lights.

Archived