SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, weatherwiz said:

I’m wondering if we can perhaps pull off like 3.5”/HR rates within the CCB...that thing is going to be absolutely filthy. Plus it will have convective enhancement 

I'm convinced that we see once area of deformation just west of the CT river.....that becomes disjointed over s NH as we transfer, and congeals again over Jeff in ME.

Another area of enhancement born of cf attributed low level convergence near my area and points west a ways.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm convinced that we see once area of deformation just west of the CT river.....that becomes disjointed over s NH as we transfer, and congeals again over Jeff in ME.

Another area of enhancement born of cf attributed low level convergence near my area and points west a ways.

I completely agree. I think some are really going to be surprised by this. I think this will even save parts of N CT. It’s going to rip in these bands and rip hard. One reason why I kind of like my area too is that there is a possibility I am just a tick west of the boundary which would be good for dumpage. This is just too close for me to completely write off. 

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm out for two verifications tonight!

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I completely agree. I think some are really going to be surprised by this. I think this will even save parts of N CT. It’s going to rip in these bands and rip hard. One reason why I kind of like my area too is that there is a possibility I am just a tick west of the boundary which would be good for dumpage. This is just too close for me to completely write off. 

Best wishes, Ray.

Wiz--what's up with the winter posts?  Gearing up for the spring semester?

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

Best wishes, Ray.

Wiz--what's up with the winter posts?  Gearing up for the spring semester?

I have a bit more time in my hands now. Now it’s just work as opposed to school and work. I can probably post a bit more in the spring too...I don’t think this semester will be as much of a work load as the fall was

Pits 1 and 2, both ftw:

Pit1:  6-10"total

pit2

Tonight

Snow, mainly after 3am. Low around 18. Northeast wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Christmas Day
Snow, mainly before 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. High near 20. Wind chill values as low as -1. Windy, with a northeast wind 15 to 25 mph becoming northwest 25 to 35 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Monday Night
Areas of blowing snow before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as -4. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.

46 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

It's nice how this thing just trucks on out wrt people traveling.  I'll pretty much just be following the back edge to Marblehead.

I have to bring my son to BDL for 4am . Gotta do whatcha gotta do, he wanted to see his Grandma one last time. Hopefully his flight isn't delayed 

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

That is a fooking hellacious CCB on many of the hires models. ECMWF also shows that as well. 

Almost look like a gravity wave feature? 

John and Sam have been salivating over this on Twitter...makes me real pumped. I love how the models have this coming right through CT too! Could help me a bit with my high 6-10”” amounts in the hills lol

Archived