joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Storm has the makings of a SWFE with the primary W and developing secondary.  Get that cold air to drain in efficiently and areas just to W of that CF will do really well.

Been thinking this, see 3 mb pressure falls south of the Delmarva right now.  The longer that Scooter high holds on the better for southeast areas on the edge. 

7 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I think that's unanimous among the models. 

Agree. Always good to see short-term models backing up, though!

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

HRRR has a good front end burst for Eastern Mass... this is the end of the run at 6am tomorrow but it's got a 1-2 inches down in eastern Mass on the front end.

Yeah, that'd be a good start to storm for them before that big band move through.

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ray , i assume ur area still Has solid ice on north facing trees, u concerened About outages, especially areas that may see a heavy wet snow, then wind. Maybe near you or just a tad S.E

Dude, I have whiplash from how much I have had to take 'em down this weekend....models just bent over and owned by the cold.

Supposed to be 40 and rain yesterday PM....wall-to-weenie ice. Supposed to be the upper 30s today, has just kissed freezing barely enough to afford me a 10 minute window to reclaim my car from the ice.

The landscape in this area has just morphed into one, macro-scale Christmas ornament....all trees remain encased.

The ice has only relinquished ground on the treated roadways.

I could envision sporadic power outages in a small window right near me.

Gonna recruit Santa and his elves to assist on final call.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Dude, I have whiplash from how much I have had to take 'em down this weekend....models just bent over and owned by the cold.

Supposed to be 40 and rain yesterday PM....wall-to-weenie ice. Supposed to be the upper 30s today, has just kissed freezing barely enough to afford me a 1o minutes window to remove ice from the car.

The landscape in this area has just morphed into one, macro Christmas ornament....all trees remain encased.

Wish you knew how to take pictures 

12 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ray , i assume ur area still Has solid ice on north facing trees, u concerened About outages, especially areas that may see a heavy wet snow, then wind. Maybe near you or just a tad S.E

North, east, west and ice facing trees remain encased....add 6" os mashies....interesting.

Yesterday's ice gone here except for on the grass and some sidewalks. Looking for 4-6 here, maybe 8 if we get a good front end thump and/or cash in on a good band. Worst case, less than 2 with sleet and freezing rain or complete changeover. The latter doesn't seem to be a huge concern right now.

Regardless, Merry Christmas to all who keep it! 

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Supposed to be 40 and rain yesterday PM....wall-to-weenie ice. Supposed to be the upper 30s today, has just kissed freezing barely enough to afford me a 10 minute window to reclaim my car from the ice.

The landscape in this area has just morphed into one, macro-scale Christmas ornament....all trees remain encased.

Gonna recruit Santa and his elves to assist on final call.

True statement it's all ice. Lost power last night for the briefest time in my 20 years living up here. Thanks RMLD! BTW the sun is finally coming out a bit lol too late for major melting.

Archived