• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
USCAPEWEATHERAF

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Only worthy channel is NBC 30 and they have 3-6”. But it depends which met is on lol.

In the old days back in the early to mid 90s Brad Field always had the highest snow forecast and he was wrong a lot...a real lot lol but as a snow enthusiast I would always hope he be right

Joe Fury, Bruce Depriest, and Bob Maxon were always the most reasonable and accurate

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Boy there is a massive...massive discrepancy with low level temps from guidance. RGEM,NAM,GFS all throw the 32F line padt Hubbdave. Euro keeps it near BOS..so does the WRF ARW-NMM stuff. Huge difference in weather. Wow.  I toss anything warming Hubby past 32. One thing in our favor..we have a stout high which will help prevent all out furnace. But man oh man...that is a tough call. We hope, we pray, we want to  believe.

I'd def lean toward euro temp profile. It makes most sense. It's possible it's slightly too cold but I bet it is closer to reality than the models that try to warm ORH to 35F. Euro has been pretty consistent too in pinning the CF closer to the coast. As you said, that high position is pretty good so you'd think it will try and hold the cold in. 

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Looking at lows up here in the -10 to -15 range Weds thru Friday, Real man cold.

It's going to be brutal. 

My forecast has highs of 0F or below for a couple days.  Looking at maybe 72 hours below 0F based on the zone forecast, ha.

I mean its hard to comprehend these values right now but it's going to hurt.  High of -3F with a low of -20F on Thursday in the point and click for 700ft.

Wednesday
Partly sunny. Highs zero to 5 above zero.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy. Cold with lows around 15 below.
Thursday
Partly sunny. Cold with highs 5 below to zero.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy. Cold with lows around 20 below.
Friday
Partly sunny. Cold with highs around zero.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow. Cold with lows around 10 below.

Just now, powderfreak said:

It's going to be brutal. 

My forecast has highs of 0F or below for a couple days.  Looking at maybe 72 hours below 0F based on the zone forecast, ha.

I mean its hard to comprehend these values right now but it's going to hurt.  High of -3F with a low of -20F on Thursday in the point and click for 700ft.

Wednesday
Wednesday Night
Thursday
Thursday Night
Friday
Friday Night

man cold and deep snows...shades of 1717 displaced further north

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

It's going to be brutal. 

Wednesday
Wednesday Night
Thursday
Thursday Night
Friday
Friday Night

Only the hardy souls will venture out in that..........lol

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'd def lean toward euro temp profile. It makes most sense. It's possible it's slightly too cold but I bet it is closer to reality than the models that try to warm ORH to 35F. Euro has been pretty consistent too in pinning the CF closer to the coast. As you said, that high position is pretty good so you'd think it will try and hold the cold in. 

It gets at least a couple of inches down this way. But it's also not bringing the low up Rt 3 like the other guidance. That's key.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Boy there is a massive...massive discrepancy with low level temps from guidance. RGEM,NAM,GFS all throw the 32F line padt Hubbdave. Euro keeps it near BOS..so does the WRF ARW-NMM stuff. Huge difference in weather. Wow.  I toss anything warming Hubby past 32. One thing in our favor..we have a stout high which will help prevent all out furnace. But man oh man...that is a tough call. We hope, we pray, we want to  believe.

I noticed the same. 

The primary trend to hold on longer continues on the 6z GEFS. That will really act to limit any snowfall accums in CT, RI and SE MA by limiting dynamics. NE MA inside 495 will struggle from the east winds, but should cash in on the backside with at least a quick 1-2” as the secondary ramps up and the primary fizzles. I think ORH will be right on the boundary of the triple point and coastal front push but will do quite well with ~6”.

I like a line from Andover down to ORH, and then I90 across to Pittsfield for the 4-8” amounts. South of I90, mostly wet.

4 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

I noticed the same. 

The primary trend to hold on longer continues on the 6z GEFS. That will really act to limit any snowfall accums in CT, RI and SE MA by limiting dynamics. NE MA inside 495 will struggle from the east winds, but should cash in on the backside with at least a quick 1-2” as the secondary ramps up and the primary fizzles. I think ORH will be right on the boundary of the triple point and coastal front push but will do quite well with ~6”.

I like a line from Andover down to ORH, and then I90 across to Pittsfield for the 4-8” amounts. South of I90, mostly wet.

Yea. In CT we will rely on that backside band nam and rgem show to drop a quick inch down. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

3KM NAM goes apesh*t with that final band. That would be fun. Anyways, here's to hoping to pull off some white stuff down this way for christmas.

Having it go nuts will prob be a requirement for getting more than 6". Even in places like ORH or hubbdave. Without it I think it will be more of a steady light to moderate storm with 3-6" since we're mostly playing with low level forcing. The 500-700 stuff is up in Ny state to powderfreak. He will prob get 8" on .35 of qpf. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Having it go nuts will prob be a requirement for getting more than 6". Even in places like ORH or hubbdave. Without it I think it will be more of a steady light to moderate storm with 3-6" since we're mostly playing with low level forcing. The 500-700 stuff is up in Ny state to powderfreak. He will prob get 8" on .35 of qpf. 

Yeah it may be that banded sort of conv looking stuff until it exits stage right. You'll get strong low level forcing punching into the dryslot which may aid in that conv look.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah it may be that banded sort of conv looking stuff until it exits stage right. You'll get strong low level forcing punching into the dryslot which may aid in that conv look.

Yeah...could also make some totals a bit uneven in the first 3/4ths of the storm. A few spots could get under more convective looking elements for a couple hours and get an extra 2" or something than surrounding area that are slowly chugging along with 1 SM SN- 

Archived