• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
USCAPEWEATHERAF

25 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

A rare event if it does indeed occur.   2002 was rain changing to snow mid day-that's as close as we've gotten.  (A few years ago we had a coating, but I'm talking a real storm)

Hey buddy, you and I are on the very edge on this one wrt rain vs. Snow or white rain. I hope we can pull this off.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Hey buddy, you and I are on the very edge on this one wrt rain vs. Snow or white rain. I hope we can pull this off.

I think as the colder air comes in, we will flip to snow-the question will be how early...that will determine whether we get a coating or 2-3 inches

I remember driving home about midnight on Xmas eve in 2012, and it was snowing...picked up a coating to a about a half inch that night...just enough to salt up the roads and make them a mess.  It pretty much melted down to nothing Xmas morning.  And yes 2002 was rain changing to snow...and it did snow hard/heavy here for the afternoon and evening.  So those were the last ones here.

16 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This setup overall seems kind of eh. This could still just be rain or snow showers. We are kind of threading the needle, especially down here, to get a decent snow event. Anything wrapped up will be warm here to start anyway. 

I’m almost rooting for the weak crap route. Drop an inch or something. 

Seems like temps will be plenty cold enough on Monday to support all snow pretty much everywhere.

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

I think as the colder air comes in, we will flip to snow-the question will be how early...that will determine whether we get a coating or 2-3 inches

Could see us starting as rain showers but then pretty quickly flipping to snow as the low gets stronger.

And wow at the band in sw ct on 32km NAM.

Ri

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

If you like rain.... rains for most of Eastern ma back to around ORH at least at the onset

That’s absolute bs.   Sure if you use surface temps but 925 doesn’t get taint past a Boston to pvd line.  Seriously son learn at least a few things from the pros here.

Archived