Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, yellow coloring on the advisories map?  Something tells me that’s a sketchy situation, and, it’s probably not going to get us any snow.  Actually, I just got a text alert that there was a Tornado Watch in the area, and I guess that’s it.  I don’t know if I’ve ever been in one of those before or see that color on our advisory maps, but it’s possible I just missed it before the text alerts were around.

04MAY18A.jpg

57 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I was just up looking at the 5-6 foot snowpack on the upper Toll Road of Mansfield when my phone went off with a Tornado Watch.  

Never had that before while skiing.

Burlington is on the eastern edge of the Moderate Risk. That is the first time I ever remember a Moderate being issued for this area since I have been here. 

It is absolutely crazy to me that temperatures around 50F feel chilly now.  But what a day.  Love this weather, puffy Cu and high of 70F in the afternoon.

Decoupling up here in the bottom of the mountain valleys.  ASOS dropping into the upper 40s at MVL/BML/HIE.

Crazy differences locally.  Radiating out in the open-field valley airfields with MVL with 49/42, while it is 64/37 and well mixed at MPV on the hilltop.

emuqFqV.jpg

11 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Looks like the lake level was starting to back off this afternoon. Anyway here are some pics from last evening which was amazing weatherwise:
41885820202_07b6cd8f69_h.jpg

28058703178_8bc3473428_h.jpg

40122593610_7df4faddb4_h.jpg

28058682918_c118e9f265_h.jpg

Great pics! Pretty cool to see almost the entire north east leading out at the same time. Your not much further behind then down here on Long Island 

3rd day in a row skiing and still got 5 days in this week to start off May.

It isn't even about the skiing anymore, but when you live down the road and have the option of going to the gym and working out inside for an hour or skinning up the mountain (around an hour of effort for 2,000 vertical feet)... the skiing wins.  At least with that workout you get to enjoy the ski down.

Think of it like the local YMCA, ha.

eFQ0MUL.jpg

MEDRX2S.jpg

12 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It isn't even about the skiing anymore, but when you live down the road and have the option of going to the gym and working out inside for an hour or skinning up the mountain (around an hour of effort for 2,000 vertical feet)... the skiing wins.  At least with that workout you get to enjoy the ski down.

Think of it like the local YMCA, ha.

Amen.jpg

Archived