Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah skiing in April is great. But for those in the lower spots, good luck to you. 

Still snow banks on my sheltered driveway and patches of snow in the yard and woods.  I love it at the mountain but does look pretty filthy at home haha.  

But I do enjoy the longer snow season, can't complain I choose to live here. 

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Still snow banks on my sheltered driveway and patches of snow in the yard and woods.  I love it at the mountain but does look pretty filthy at home haha.  

But I do enjoy the longer snow season, can't complain I choose to live here. 

if it's possible to have snow from T-Day through Easter and then melt in 3 hrs, that would be epic. You guys almost have that. But the drawn out mud season is tough. Now that I have kids, I appreciate the bare ground in Spring...lol. 

1 hour ago, eyewall said:

I hope everybody is ready for the springtime sh*t show that is about to unfold lol.

I just got on the forum and haven't read any thread but this one.  Looking at the 12Z GFS and last nights Euro looks like a lot of freezing rain and even snow for many of us.  Yet reading the Gray AFD these seem very meh other than heavy rain on Monday....

There have been some BTV NWS map updates as of the afternoon.  Winter Weather Advisories now cover the entire area from Vermont westward, and number on the projected accumulations map have been pushed south a bit and increased in some spots.  The point forecast here through Sunday night has been increased a bit to the 3-7”/4-8” range.

13APR18C.jpg

13APR18D.jpg

10 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

if it's possible to have snow from T-Day through Easter and then melt in 3 hrs, that would be epic. You guys almost have that. But the drawn out mud season is tough. Now that I have kids, I appreciate the bare ground in Spring...lol. 

Unless you get them on skis as soon as you can... :) But I know what you mean about kids and outdoor play. It will be nice  to have a non snow-covered yard for them to play in. 

There have been a couple of tweaks to the BTV NWS maps related to Winter Storm Xanto.  There’s a Winter Storm Warning posted out west by Lake Ontario, although it appears to be for ice accumulations vs. any sort of increased snow.  Also, projected snow accumulations around here have been contracted back north a bit, resulting in a map somewhere in between the maps posted yesterday.

14APR18A.jpg

14APR18B.jpg

7 hours ago, MarkO said:

How is it in the woods?

Full 

I only skied empty trails, but talking with patrol on the first tram sounds like mid winter. Some bony entrances in the typical windswept spots, otherwise, all good

saw our first flakes this morning, still fits and spurts but the Mt is covered now is snow

45 minutes ago, borderwx said:

Full 

I only skied empty trails, but talking with patrol on the first tram sounds like mid winter. Some bony entrances in the typical windswept spots, otherwise, all good

saw our first flakes this morning, still fits and spurts but the Mt is covered now is snow

Are you up in the Jay area now? If so, are you getting snow or sleet? Was thinking of heading up tomorrow, but it would take about 6" of snow to get me there. Drive is a good 1:45 in good weather.

47 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Are you up in the Jay area now? If so, are you getting snow or sleet? Was thinking of heading up tomorrow, but it would take about 6" of snow to get me there. Drive is a good 1:45 in good weather.

Always!

steady snow since 3:30, yard is white here at 1100’. Always hard to tell what will fall in April. Odds are low for fresh snow skiing from here out

safe travels if you head this way

Archived