Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18.4"  will be final.  Definitely not your usual upslope, pretty dense stuff.  Had 9.6" for .86" liquid at 7am.

Season total at 131.5".  I have been looking at  local COOPs at all valley locations in SVT, records go back to the 1880s, I cant find anything higher than what I have this year so far. There are 3 COOPs with pretty extensive data.(and a few down in Bennington and even up in RUT)  There are caveats--missing years and also how those COOPs are measuring-Im not sure what methods they have done throughout the years. If they are doing just once a day at 6-7am then that would cut down totals for sure.    

Taking out the measuring debate and if all things were equal, then 131.5" would be the most actually documented in the SVT valleys.

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Alex,  lets totally bury that picnic table.  Hum,  light snow today,  arctic front inbound to maintain the pack and then look at the GFS for next week.  If those 2 storms ever happened what a pack NNE would have!  Crazy depths...

Replaced with a newer image of what the front yard looks like in the summer. Yes, let's bury them! Although we are at the point where it gets really hard to add depth. Last night's 6" essentially made no difference! We are at 166" so far this season. If it keeps up, we actually may have a shot at 200, which Bretton Woods claims to be the average snowfall. It's pretty impressive considering the mid-winter stretch we had... 

Alex deep snow March 15.jpg

2017-09-02 12.15.05.jpg

1 hour ago, backedgeapproaching said:

18.4"  will be final.  Definitely not your usual upslope, pretty dense stuff.  Had 9.6" for .86" liquid at 7am.

Season total at 131.5".  I have been looking at  local COOPs at all valley locations in SVT, records go back to the 1880s, I cant find anything higher than what I have this year so far. There are 3 COOPs with pretty extensive data.(and a few down in Bennington and even up in RUT)  There are caveats--missing years and also how those COOPs are measuring-Im not sure what methods they have done throughout the years. If they are doing just once a day at 6-7am then that would cut down totals for sure.    

Taking out the measuring debate and if all things were equal, then 131.5" would be the most actually documented in the SVT valleys.

Thats unreal man

Anyone got a good link or memorize a rundown of what N Ski resorts received last 3 days?
Anyone see 40-50"
I would say Smuggs must be in that range. There were some spots even just outside the resort with 5ft depths.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Anyone got a good link or memorize a rundown of what N Ski resorts received last 3 days?

Anyone see 40-50"

From Mad River Glen:  We scored another 2-4" today on top of 6-8“ overnight boosting the storm total to a whopping 33-40” and conditions are trending beyond EPIC towards MYTHIC in scope!

From Jay Peak:  Last Update: Mar 15, 11:39am

24 Hrs -- 10 to 12
48 Hrs --35
7 Days -- 72

From Stowe:  Last 72 Hours: 29 - 37 inches

From Sugarbush:  5:30 Pm report

72 Hour:  Summit 39" Mid 29"  Base 22"

With Winter Storm Skylar hanging around providing upslope, and literally days and days of continuous snow, it’s really hard to pin down storm totals and such, but I’ve put together the north to south listing of available 48/72 and 7-day snow totals reported by the Vermont ski areas:

Jay Peak: 35”/72”

Burke: 20”/41”

Smuggler’s Notch: 39”/

Stowe: 37”/62”

Bolton Valley: 42”/62”

Mad River Glen: 40”/

Sugarbush: 39”/

Middlebury: 25”

Pico: 24”/47”

Killington: 24”/47”

Okemo: 19”/38”

Bromley: 24”/40”

Magic Mountain: 29”/59”

Stratton: 19”/

Mount Snow: 20”/39”

Not every resort has their numbers posted for both time periods, but it looks like Jay Peak is topping the 7-day total with 72”, and Bolton Valley may be tops on storm total with 42” in the past 48-hours.

9 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

How much this month? Dang, that is impressive. I can't think of how you had so much during the crappy late Jan through Feb stretch.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

29" since when? 12th?

When it started snowing on Tuesday morning around sunrise or just before.

It's still snowing albeit much lighter, it's been 64 straight hours now at the mountain and similar here in town but we had a few brief breaks.  A true days and days event.

But it just keeps flaring up over Mansfield and washing into town.

5Ym6866.gif

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

When it started snowing on Tuesday morning around sunrise or just before.

It's still snowing albeit much lighter, it's been 64 straight hours now at the mountain and similar here in town but we had a few brief breaks.  A true days and days event.

But it just keeps flaring up over Mansfield and washing into town.

5Ym6866.gif

Awesome. Best conditions of the season and no bitter cold.

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How much this month? Dang, that is impressive. I can't think of how you had so much during the crappy late Jan through Feb stretch.

50" in March will help.

Feb was pretty good here-around 30" That awful stretch lasted about 3 weeks up until 2/2 with nothing during that time period, then its been pretty good since. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Epic, hey how much at the stake no update since the 1st

Yesterday evening's report was 84".  It's not updating on the stake graph but NWS is still sending them via the Hydro reports.

Then there was this posted this evening on the local news but I can't find this evening's report.

29214526_1631153016919934_50434836994468

Archived