Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Early Monday overunning 12/18/17

Ginx snewx

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I didn’t get a chance to measure before leaving for my meeting but it looks like 3”-4” at my house. It was still snowing lightly when I left at 5:00 pm

Radar looked real good over your way.  The upslope enhancement seemed to start over the RT 100 corridor but drifted several miles downstream of the Spine and sort of looked to be stalled from east of here southward towards Montpelier.

I was thinking you looked like your area might jackpot a little. 

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

One of my favorite type of events just a light snow with bursts of moderate all day. Congrats Dendrite 

Yeah that's pretty much what today was.  Been snowing since 11am but very small flakes giving 2.3" here so far.  Just like consistent 1-4sm visibility -SN but more of a synoptic feel than orographic.  Roads have that snowpacked storm snow look/feel vs. the blowing powder of certain upslope events behind every vehicle. 

Just enough to have to shovel.  We'll see if they plow our lot tonight as the contract is either 2" or 3" for a plowing, I forget. 

21F  light snow.  Just gently falling Currier and Ives parachutes.  About another 1/4" to 1/2".  So much air in these suckers that one or two giant flakes landing on each other adds like 1/4" to the board.  I'm exaggerating of course but what a difference between this stuff and a synoptic heavy snow.  

20171218_204040.jpg

Archived