joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Storm for end of week has me intrigued. Almost same type of set up as march of last year. 

All I’m seeing on models is a storm east of BM and maybe advisory snows in eastern New England. Maybe some NW flow lake effect behind it. Of course I could be missing something....but all I see is cold and dry for the next 7+ days. 

From the low coming into northern great lakes gets to Burlington vt and stalls wrapping around lots of background moisture with extremely well aligned nw Flow. Cms has it so does ukmet and gfs all giving south shore near half inch or more of precip. With ratios so high lot of snow. In fact all of western ny looks to get decent snow with upslope

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

All I’m seeing on models is a storm east of BM and maybe advisory snows in eastern New England. Maybe some NW flow lake effect behind it. Of course I could be missing something....but all I see is cold and dry for the next 7+ days. 

0z Euro has a 941 mb bomb 100 mi. South of Halifax at 96h...GEM in tighter maybe but similar to Euro, 954 mb,  rakes NE, GooFuS way east of everything else.  Have to say, 941 mb catches the eye. Too far East for us but wow.

9 minutes ago, tim123 said:

That' not what will directy get us. The h500 low spins over Vermont for 2 days. 

Not per the 0z Euro h5 chart I see...system is progessive.  A 1039 mb high is over Columbus Ohio by h144, which will shut down whatever LES was going on.

16 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Well euro gives roc .5 to .75 precip. With ratios 15 to 20 inches

I see a couple of tenths in numerical LE output for ROC on 12z, 0z not fully loaded. H5 flow looks to be northerly though in wake of storm so wouldn't surprise if ROC and south shore does well.

Just now, tim123 said:

Well tell me where .5 to inch precip come from

I haven't seen 0.5" liquid on any global NWP for ROC, or SYR.  Frankly, if EC is right, w/ -30C 850T's it'll take days to squeeze out 0.5" LE if at all.  I dont really pay attention to NWP qpf, esp for lake snow... its the least reliable field. Might be ok for placement idea but amounts are usually bogus.  It'll be a dessicated airmass, like recently, the near shore areas will accum several inches of fluff. Everyone else gets a feed of crystal meth snow.

Archived