• Last Reply

Special Weather Statement

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Buffalo NY
441 PM EST SAT DEC 30 2017

NYZ002>006-302300-
Oswego-Orleans-Wayne-Monroe-Northern Cayuga-
441 PM EST SAT DEC 30 2017

...A BAND OF HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL MOVE ONSHORE...

At 436 PM EST, A band of lake effect snow producing snow fall rates
of 2 to 3 inches per hour was located along the Lake Ontario shore
from Orleans County to Northern Cayuga and far southwest Oswego
counties.

This band of heavy snow will move south and onshore along much of
the south shore of Lake Ontario from Lyndonville to Wolcott through
late afternoon, and reach as far south as about Route 31 by early
evening. Travel conditions will rapidly deteriorate as this band of
heavy snow moves onshore, including in the Rochester area.

Locations impacted include...
Rochester, Albion, Brockport, Ontario, Wolcott, Cato, South Hannibal.

1 minute ago, Revracer800 said:

Man it's just dumping snow, Closing in on 6" so far. This keeps up all new we are in trouble yikes lol.

I'm directly to your ESE and its blue sky's now after heavy snow for about 1.5hrs. I can only imagine 6 hrs worth, and now the band looks to be quickly shifting the the South with the frontal passage. Good luck to all out West may you get absolutely crushed!

Special Weather Statement National Weather Service Buffalo NY 441 PM EST SAT DEC 30 2017 NYZ002>006-302300- Oswego-Orleans-Wayne-Monroe-Northern Cayuga- 441 PM EST SAT DEC 30 2017 ...A BAND OF HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL MOVE ONSHORE... At 436 PM EST, A band of lake effect snow producing snow fall rates of 2 to 3 inches per hour was located along the Lake Ontario shore from Orleans County to Northern Cayuga and far southwest Oswego counties. This band of heavy snow will move south and onshore along much of the south shore of Lake Ontario from Lyndonville to Wolcott through late afternoon, and reach as far south as about Route 31 by early evening. Travel conditions will rapidly deteriorate as this band of heavy snow moves onshore, including in the Rochester area. Locations impacted include... Rochester, Albion, Brockport, Ontario, Wolcott, Cato, South Hannibal. Conditions can deteriorate rapidly in heavy lake effect snow. Be prepared for snow covered roads and visibility of less than a quarter mile. Slow down and allow extra time when traveling. LAT...LON 4303 7650 4314 7789 4327 7844 4342 7837 4339 7775 4328 7754 4333 7717 4331 7697 4335 7681 4331 7645 $$ HITCHCOCK

lol, look at the radar out of KBGM, there's 2 bands, one to my North effecting Parish and Mexico and one directly to my south by 3 miles effecting rt31, lol. It's like its trying to miss us purposely, and its working! The only reason I got that 4.5" was because the band expanded right over me or else I would of saw 2". Got lucky but man what it could of been, damn it!

Archived