• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

With all the complaining about paltry snow amounts, I've measured 5.5 inches since Christmas Eve:axe:  The band has either set up just north of here or when it has moved south it retreated towards the lake and left me with a few scraps. Looks like another case today of a brief squall with the arctic front passage then watch as areas west of here get into whatever lake effect sets up. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I gotta say, that's heartbreaking that NWS issues a warning 36hrs in advance, which in reality means nothing, but it usually gives more confidence to a system or LES, that's why we want them to issue them but not with LES events, as they are forever evolving as the winds change, which can and do, change on a dime!

Yeah, I'm not understanding why they have sort of like tea kettle snows so close to the lake, as winds are starting to definitely pick up in strength, as is evident on both satellite and radar depictions.  Perhaps its the models just starting to pick up on trends as, like I said, its forever evolving!

On 12/28/2017 at 1:12 PM, swva said:

How much accumulation have you seen the past day?  Nothing but sun up here in South Redfield.  I’ve stayed in Altmar before too.

Hi SWVA,  Altmar saw around 25" from 8 am on the 27th to 8 am on the 29th...and it was still getting light snow as we left to take some pics in Mansville...then E...and down south to Redfield (2 days after).

I'm so sorry to hear that the heavier LES didn't reach your location.   Still hoping you see more before you leave.

20171228_152912.jpg

Archived