• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

I just measured 1.1” of new snow since the snow began yesterday around 10pm. This is an absolute fricken joke. I can not believe that there is literally not a flake here while 2 miles away probably has 6” and is an absolute whiteout on the Thruway Cameras. That band isn’t moving at all North or south so I won’t be getting anything at all from it. How does this keep happening? Seriously? Can anyone explain why this area keeps getting the complete shaft this year?! 

Oh and the new NWS forecast came out. At least it looks like they’ll be spot on!

FFAC1BDA-151A-4C3C-921F-345894B028F9.jpeg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

I just measured 1.1” of new snow since the snow began yesterday around 10pm. This is an absolute fricken joke. I can not believe that there is literally not a flake here while 2 miles away probably has 6” and is an absolute whiteout on the Thruway Cameras. That band isn’t moving at all North or south so I won’t be getting anything at all from it. How does this keep happening? Seriously? Can anyone explain why this area keeps getting the complete shaft this year?! 

Oh and the new NWS forecast came out. At least it looks like they’ll be spot on!

FFAC1BDA-151A-4C3C-921F-345894B028F9.jpeg

You’re right there is something about that area doing worse whenever we have any of these synoptic storms roll through lol.

6 minutes ago, ayuud11 said:

You’re right there is something about that area doing worse whenever we have any of these synoptic storms roll through lol.

It’s not just synoptic,lake effect events lately too. But this looked more like lake enhancement than synoptic but I guess it was some synoptic moisture too. We got absolutely screwed here. 1.5” total. Congrats to you guys though, enjoy it! 

Merry Windy Snowy Christmas to all!  What an awesome morning to wake up to, especially on Christmas morning.  This is what people wish for, a white Christmas and we're at least lucky to not only have it OTG, but also have it falling, albeit extremely lightly but that'll change here shortly, as some moisture wraps back around the strengthening low over NE.  Good luck to all as there will definitely be some surprises with this one thats for sure.  

lol, what a surprise, Just about all of New England, excluding the cape, is about to get absolutely smoked by that monstrous deformation band that has quickly formed, WOW would love to be under that thing!

5a40f552657db_SAT_ERG2_WVENH_ANI(3).gif.822516f84f6a5f116ac82eaca154af20.gif

Winds should start to veer a bit more WNWerly before lifting to the North larter on this evening so we may have a little chance to see a bit more than flurries today.  I don't believe NWS at all as we are not getting anywhere close to 8" let alone 12-18", lol.  Where do they come up with these numbers, just wow!

Enjoy SWVA, what a great time to be up on the TUG! Take many pics if you have power, lol!

20 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Having no radar is gonna be tough to track any band North of us.  Snowing at a pretty good clip the past hr, with strong winds so quite a bit of blowing and drifting going on, and looks to continue for a bit longer, enjoy it while its here cause it won't be for long.

We're going to have to rely on Channel 9's radar. If you go to the live stream it's not that bad. My biggest gripe is that they have the range set at something like 150 miles. They used to cut it down to 50 or 75 miles so you could see the details when dealing with a local mesoscale event. Now the subtleties get lost. 

That's not hat bad, your right. When I was up at OSU, when Dave Eichorn was an adjunct professor, their radar was outstandingly precise and extremely accurate. I guess it'll have to do until tomorrow some time. Does Steve Mahar use NWS, or does Channel 3 WSTM have one? I'm not even sure.

BGM Blizzard, if your out there, you might get smacked by that streamer that's about to hit the city.  Don't know where Maine, NY is, but if you get hit with it, it should whiten up the day, if the rain washed whatever had fallen previously away, so good luck.

2 hours ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

lol, what a surprise, Just about all of New England, excluding the cape, is about to get absolutely smoked by that monstrous deformation band that has quickly formed, WOW would love to be under that thing!

5a40f552657db_SAT_ERG2_WVENH_ANI(3).gif.822516f84f6a5f116ac82eaca154af20.gif

Winds should start to veer a bit more WNWerly before lifting to the North larter on this evening so we may have a little chance to see a bit more than flurries today.  I don't believe NWS at all as we are not getting anywhere close to 8" let alone 12-18", lol.  Where do they come up with these numbers, just wow!

Enjoy SWVA, what a great time to be up on the TUG! Take many pics if you have power, lol!

KBGM snow map is thru wed 7pm and looks very reasonable if LES swings south for a while. KBUF...not so much, esp So. Oswego cty...by you. Enjoy your 18" of snow (PnC has like 2"!  Lulz).

40 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Channel 3 has their "triple Doppler" radar which is nothing more than  a composite of the NWS radars from Binghamton, Buffalo and Montague. 

Yup, that's what I thought. Hey FYI, I am a cocorahs spotter from nw clay, I think ur over in the  brew.  Merry Christmas.

3 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Yeah that's what I thought, anyway, this band thats organizing looks like it will settle just to or North, CNY and I mean just to our North my maybe 6-7 miles.  What a shame, Why I didn't buy a house 10 miles further North, is just beyond me!

When we first moved here I wanted to live near Mexico, Parish, closer to work then. But wife didn't want longer drive to her eventual work down here. Chicks ruin everything!  ;)

Archived