• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

This is just so typical. I feel like every storm has tracked north. I shoulda stuck to my guns. I feel like I've been toyed with all week (WNW/NW my arse). 

This thing is a straight W flow. Even Tim has packed it in. 

NWS has finally decided to decrease its snowfall. Point and click now 2-4. And that's it for days. 

That sounds about right for ROC - SYR - BGM - ALB. Lake effect is not a factor here for the most part this week.  Still keeping my eye on NWP for end of year storm potential but that's not looking promising attm. This is a cold and kind of dry northern stream +NAO pattern for the most part.  Gonna be cold this week though!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CNY-WXFREAK said:

LOL, GFS says we do this all over again Thursday Night onto Friday with almost an identical track as tonights, lol. Can't even make this stuff up!

imageproxy.php?img=&key=20fe2b78d4e66dffgfs_uv850_slp3_neng_42.thumb.png.cc4354f822dc8c4335a8ebd3d3a47834.png

Be

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Christmas eve brother. Merry Christmas all, enjoy your family and friends. :hug:

And may the wind direction forever be in your favor. ^_^

And the fact that the radar looks like crap for snow for anyone in WNY, WWA went into effect at 5pm and the snow is moving further and further away on radar lol. I call bust on the 4-7” the NWS has. I bet we see 2” or less...

Merry Christmas everyone!!  I plan to hike/ski wherever the snow’s falling south of BUF this week...looking forward to some deep snow cover somewhere. To be honest, I’m also hoping for a bright blue sunny day with fresh snowpack and cold temps this week. Those winter days are pretty great in their own right. 

7 hours ago, LivingstonWx said:

I agree. Down here I just cut anything forecasted in half. I feel like we rarely verify due to our distance from the lakes and downsloping. 

Man Dansville gets downsloped like a mofo all the time, there is a reason why they average less than 50 inches a year lol

I gotta say, this trough is wickedly negatively tilted and the H500 energy is quite vigorous.  You can tell much better from the enhanced WV image as it crosses Lake Erie you can see a meso-low taking shape right under it! Pretty neat and where ever this comes ashore look for some wicked conditions for a period.

RAD_KCLE_N0R_ANI.gif.0ca1454d41ee1e7e2cda6f9cd61876bf.gif

COD Meteorology -- NEXRAD Single Site Radar Data.mhtml

15 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I gotta say, this trough is wickedly negatively tilted and the H500 energy is quite vigorous.  You can tell much better from the enhanced WV image as it crosses Lake Erie you can see a meso-low taking shape right under it! Pretty neat and where ever this comes ashore look for some wicked conditions for a period.

Snowing heavy in Williamsville,  merry Christmas all and may we all jackpot!

47 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Thats a great capture.  This meso analysis from roughly the same time matches quite nicely. 

5a40754b0b210_ErieMeso.thumb.PNG.6f61919ceb561a1281e92979eda17842.PNG

Archived