Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KBUF just updated their WWA for WNY and of course as model guidance looks better for more snow they slash their totals across the board. 1" or less south of Buffalo, 1-3" north. They must be seeing something I'm not cause to me the last several model runs look better and better for a 3-5" event today...precip getting close here and only 30F...

Just read KBUF AFD...2 to 4 for most of Niagara Frontier today 3 to 5 for all cwa tomorrow, nw winds initially beginning LES in southern tier winds backing to westerly bringing heavy lake snows to traditional snow belts south of buffalo,  later xmas night a S/W slides by to the north backing the LES onto the immediate buffalo area for a time before quickly veering back to westerly winds Tuesday and Tuesday night.  Highly active I'd say.

East of you but 32.9 degrees in Phoenix. Don't think the snow is going to melt off of the trees today with low 30's. Gonna look Currier and Ives by Monday morning before the winds rip and blow the 6 to 12 around. NAM looks a bit juicier to me for tomorrow night. You can get a few surprises in that set-up with snowfall rates. Band Monday going to put down some intense rates in Oswego County in the afternoon. Maybe somewhere between Fulton and Oswego I think. 

7 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Holy crap! That's a gorgeous map. Where'd u get? 

It's RadarScope Pro for Apple, although I think they have it for Android too. Many different Dual Pol options available. I have the pro subscription which is just $10 a year, which includes real time lightning data as well as some other extras but I don't think you even need the pro version to view all the Dual Pol options. The app itself is just a one time fee of $10 and trust me it's worth every penny and more. You can save still and animated images, draw over images, use the measure distance tool to see how far away things are from you, it's absolutely amazing and I highly recommend it!

Archived