joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Gfs has a nice little event Xmas morning..(4”-6” type at 10-1)

Now that we're just a few hours from 48 hours out, the 12z GFS has the Sunday lp in southern PA then transferring its energy to a second LP just off the coast leaving a baroclinic zone over the CWA...the accums that the gfs spits out is 7" between the inch or two tomorrow and whatever falls xmas eve.

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yea, Canadian and Gfs both look real good for tues, down this way..

Might have to bank everything on Tuesday/Wednesday as end of the week looks pretty dry right now.  Long ways out though.  Hoping I can get there before the good stuff starts!

The LES for tues-wed all depends on where the secondary pops off the coast. if it pops further South, the winds should start off from the NW then transition into a W-WNWerly LES event as the system heads for the maritimes, but if it pops off of Nantucket or somewhere like that, then a Westerly flow would be favored so we'll see.  There's no way to pin point wind trajectory this far in advance, IMO.

2 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Thanks, but I should've been more specific. I'm talking local-local...like a reading from along the S. shore in Webster, or Ontario...very specific. Wasn't sure if there was an amateur/enthusiast site that has local measurements.

2 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Thanks, but I should've been more specific. I'm talking local-local...like a reading from along the S. shore in Webster, or Ontario...very specific. Wasn't sure if there was an amateur/enthusiast site that has local measurements.

I think you want to check out weather underground that has all the local residents weather stations.  

Well we got through the first event without any mixing with temps remaining in the lower 20's. I don't think we dodge tomorrow's bullet as there may be a period of rain, which may be heavy at times, then transitions into a rn/sn mix then to snow but by the time the cold rushes in the moisture has been stripped from the top down so basically we may not see any more accumulation until Christmas eve into Christmas day, then LES.

23 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Well we got through the first event without any mixing with temps remaining in the lower 20's. I don't think we dodge tomorrow's bullet as there may be a period of rain, which may be heavy at times, then transitions into a rn/sn mix then to snow but by the time the cold rushes in the moisture has been stripped from the top down so basically we may not see any more accumulation until Christmas eve into Christmas day, then LES.

Kbuf just mentioned the metro might start as snow tomorrow and accumulate 3 to 5 inches.

1 minute ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Kbuf just mentioned the metro might start as snow tomorrow and accumulate 3 to 5 inches.

I think you guys have a better chance of seeing accumulating snow tomorrow than we do TBH! Most globals have trended warmer with 850'2 getting to +4C in and around KSYR, while KBUF is at +2C but dropping fast with a Northerly wind so you flip much faster than we do. Heres both upper air soundings.

KBUF 5AM

hrrr_2017122217_016_42.9--78.83.png

KFZY same time!

hrrr_2017122217_016_43.28--76.24.png

Horrible look for us, that's for sure!

Archived