Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From day 5 on, the Euro, is absolutely frigid averaging between -15C and -23C so that is definitely cold enough for me!

ecmwf_t850_ne_25.thumb.png.b85999cabdcf5c24098ba501b836411e.png

ecmwf_t850_ne_33.thumb.png.174aa82a741a9c74b3ac1f78d2494569.png

ecmwf_t850_ne_41.thumb.png.3c45ef7bcd4bfe99e9c5178591c4c791.png

It snows on Monday with 850's in the -upper teens, so even during this little synoptic event, ratios may approach 15/1" ,maybe a bit higher so all in all, things dont seem so bad as they did a few days ago!

2 hours ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I definitely think we see a few inches
tonight, at least a couple No?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Maybe. But it has to stop being 50 degrees first though.

Also, if I'm viewing the Euro correctly, isn't the 12Z/19 op run coming in with a colder & more SE track for the pre-xmas system? Looks like it moves slp from over PIT -> BGM whereas in past few days, it was well to our NW up into So. Ontario.  Prob doesn't save us from mix/rain but Maybe not a complete meltdown gullywasher in CNY?

Friday's system is looking better and better on all models now.  Their pretty much all in agreement on the track and intensity so I think we may be able to lock this one in for a few to several inches for both CWA's. The Euro, when within 3 days, is quite deadly so it's my model of choice atm!

14 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

18Z GFS says what Christmas storm, lol!

Grab a different solution out of a hat with each model run it seems like...I'm guessing the highly anomalous pattern taking shape is leading to a lot of variability in the medium range. I'm personally not pinning my hopes on anything for the 24/25 period until Friday at the earliest.  

2 hours ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Friday's system is looking better and better on all models now.  Their pretty much all in agreement on the track and intensity so I think we may be able to lock this one in for a few to several inches for both CWA's. The Euro, when within 3 days, is quite deadly so it's my model of choice atm!

The Canadian 12z was the first to catch on...

51 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Any more tend to the south and may never go to all rain north of thruway especially Rochester west. Cmc was picking up in this

Agree on that. But fully expecting the upcoming 00Z's or tomorrow's 12Z to yank the football away from us. Because we're dupes and never learn.

57 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Any more tend to the south and may never go to all rain north of thruway especially Rochester west. Cmc was picking up in this

Its inevitable we warm, as the temps will continue to rise, as the next system is right on its heel, so even if it snows a foot, the rains expected will wipe out anything we get from fridays even, exceptt other than adding to the seasonal total.

I may be on crack, but...how is the op GooFuS the most west model suite, among CMC/EC/GFS?

Anyone seen the 00Z GFS vs GEM for this weekend? Wow. GEM is a raging snowstorm for ENY/CNY/WNY.  Actually, it delays the friday/Sat storm I think, vs GFS. Compare side by side, it's like a 2016 vs 2017 forecast. Someone is very wrong.

00Z Euro gonna be interesting...the trend further S&E may be for real (except on GFS).

4 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Yeah it looks like the cold wants to push much faster than first anticipated.  On top of this all, I think the Canadian handles low lvl cold air much better than most other globals.

It's even more than that...GFS races main energy up NE a day or more faster but GEM seems to hold it back and slide slp S&E. Compare the two panel for panel from 72 hrs on out....

Either the GFS or GEM has lost the plot for end of week to XMas...

I gotta say, the 00Z GFS wasn't a bad for cold and snow for the immediate CNY area, even though it took away the XMAS event. but I think its doing its losing trick only to find the rabbit in the hat. Sat's system I think has a bit more wiggle room for a Eastward tick or two from both the GFS and the EURO.  The Canadian is on its own with its solution,.  Doesn't look like 00Z suite solved any issues with model agreement as their all on their own one way or another.  We started with this thing going up through MI, now its a KPIT to KSYR track, so I think we'may actually get a Christmas miracle with an added bonus of snow actually falling Christmas day.  I think we got a good chance!

16 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Was gonna mention the LES but I figured 7 days out, lol, nah, so I'm glad you did.

Yeah, it's really a fool's game reading too much into LES potential on global models a week out but it was interesting to note. Trajectory even more sketchy.  

CMC is really different look hanging back the slp end of week.  I saw in NE thread that Ukie looks more like CMC on 00z but I didnt verify that. Key seems to be CMC hanging back a closed looking h5 in the SW CONUS vs GFS. We'll see what Euro comes up with but it's been drifting further S&E with track last few runs. If GFS verifies it'll be another brown XMas for most, after a promising week or two ahead of it. Again.

Archived