• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

weathafella

Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Amazing, just amazing. The grinch is real and there is no doubt, the string continues. Need a hail Mary on Christmas day to save any chances of white probably up into SNH

Oh god..what are we to do..the end is near.

it'll be a December to remember for sure now lol!!!!  The Grinch Rules....he’s a mean one!  

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Amazing, just amazing. The grinch is real and there is no doubt, the string continues. Need a hail Mary on Christmas day to save any chances of white probably up into SNH

it'll be a December to remember for sure now lol!!!!  The Grinch Rules....he’s a mean one!  

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What a melt after your taint cutting post this morning 

46 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What a melt after your taint cutting post this morning 

That was about the Christmas day storm, bad reading for your loss, we cut we melt, we melt even before we cut

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not a lot of eps agreement member wise with the cutter so safe to say op outlier. Amazing the misreads 

Do you just make things up?

eps_mslp_anom_noram_156.png

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

That was about the Christmas day storm, bad reading for your loss, we cut we melt, we melt even before we cut

Let’s get this straight... you are guaranteeing warm , mild rains, snow wiped out to SNH, and no white Xmas? 

And no chance of a compromise solution between Gefs and Euro op?

• Confused 1

Cutter is looking like a real possibility. But you can't rule out an overrunning solution yet. Still too far out. I'd favor the cutter but no guarantee.  

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Let’s get this straight... you are guaranteeing warm , mild rains, snow wiped out to SNH, and no white Xmas? 

And no chance of a compromise solution between Gefs and Euro op?

Probably , warm week before Christmas, even without a cutter, could be a mild up low rain cutter but right now I would say the odds of white in my hood with 3 inches of baking powder OTG are slim

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Cutter is looking like a real possibility. But you can't rule out an overrunning solution yet. Still too far out. I'd favor the cutter but no guarantee.  

We need a Christmas day miracle

Yeah it will def be a torch if it takes the track up the St Lawrence. But I wouldn't rule out a colder look just yet. Today's guidance def doesn't look good but still a week out. 

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it will def be a torch if it takes the track up the St Lawrence. But I wouldn't rule out a colder look just yet. Today's guidance def doesn't look good but still a week out. 

We are in the classic situation of "the cutters always work out" right now... it shows a cutter, its probably right, ha.  Lots of track options for it to rain but a much more narrow track needed for overrunning winter event.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

We are in the classic situation of "the cutters always work out" right now... it shows a cutter, its probably right, ha.  Lots of track options for it to rain but a much more narrow track needed for overrunning winter event.

Yeah it could go through Massena or BUF or DET or the UP of MI and its all bad for us. 

That said, the overrunning or SWFE type track is still possible but today's euro and EPS were not encouraging. 

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Last night the 0z GFS had Santa arriving on fresh snow..today’s he’s quadding in on muddy ground in 55 degree temps....lol.  Oh well...I’m heading to Northern Aroostook county Maine...maybe they’ll be a lil cooler the day after Xmas??? 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When all cold all the time melts and goes warm , I guess it’s time to mail it in. We’ll get em next year 

Next year big weenie trip to Quebec?

This whole Grinch thing has literally gone back and forth 10’times already.  I wouldn’t be locking in either scenario at this stage-more than a week out.  Could be a nice mild Xmas holiday or not.  Anything is on the table..that’s the take away at the moment.

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

This whole Grinch thing has literally gone back and forth 10’times already.  I wouldn’t be locking in either scenario at this stage-more than a week out.  Could be a nice mild Xmas holiday or not.  Anything is on the table..that’s the take away at the moment.

It should be colder than what the models show. The models are stuggling.

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

It should be colder than what the models show. The models are stuggling.

Yes...Struggling is an understatement...I agree.  That timeframe literally does a 180 every run..or every other run.  

Yes...Struggling is an understatement...I agree.  That timeframe literally does a 180 every run..or every other run.  

Yeah but the last half dozen runs have been leaning warmer. Sadly the only thing struggling is our chances of a white Christmas.