• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

weathafella

Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

Just now, weathafella said:

It’s not an issu of over amp so much as trof axis.  However, Euro bias should be factored in so it may be further east.

Euro partially phases some energy ahead of the 23rd system. Slows it down by a day (it was originally the 22nd) and cuts it more severely. Hopefully it's wrong. 

That said, maybe we get bailed out on Xmas with a storm along the boundary  

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Classic over amp bias. Wasn’t much EPS support. Safe to say that can be tossed 

Face it...Grinch has reigned supreme more times than not this time of year for SNE.  At least since I've lived here.

For now, when you press submit, don't resubmit if you don't see your post immediately. Just refresh and it shows up. It will cut down on the double posts. Hopefully John fixes the bug quickly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I can’t believe Scooter buys it. Interesting and surprising to be sure 

He's just being realistic.  Why set something up for failure. Is not healthy way to live.  

2 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

He's just being realistic.  Why set something up for failure. Is not healthy way to live.  

Why would I not buy it? Those are completely reasonable to expect in these setups. He's delusional. I also buy something flatter. All are possible.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I can’t believe Scooter buys it. Interesting and surprising to be sure 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Why would I not buy it? Those are completely reasonable to expect in these setups. He's delusional. I also buy something flatter. All are possible.

Most of us get that.Most of us want a white holiday down here,   But Sometimes the heart of a few tries to will old man winter into giving us more than he is willing to give at that moment in time.

We will see.  Still a good chunk of time in the period.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He tends to but the pessimistic ideas. Maybe he’s right. Time tells

To just toss it because it does not fit cold and snow agenda is wrong. I did not see anyone locking anything in..just that it is possible. jeez.

34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He tends to buy the pessimistic ideas. Maybe he’s right. Time tells

I get bummed too.  Solid past 7 days to be followed up by potential crappage at the worst time sucks.

2 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

We cut, then we have a snowstorm.  Sometimes you gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette.

And both of those are gonna change again....and again.  Lurker still hasn’t realized day 7 and 10 are about as reliable as snow in July.  

Of course all options at this lead are and should be on the table...nothing should be tossed...but to buy any look at this lead is pure follie.  

Ahh there it is, the grinch storm.  That was the worst Euro run yet up here.

Too bad because the mountains are going to quietly rack up some good snows this week...lots of chances for days like today when low model QPF turns into 2-4/3-5" stuff.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

EPS agrees with the op regarding the cutter.

yea and has nada on Christmas , oh boy, we cut we melt DIT, these are the cards we are dealt

K5B0_2017121612_forecast_EPS_360.png

Amazing, just amazing. The grinch is real and there is no doubt, the string continues. Need a hail Mary on Christmas day to save any chances of white probably up into SNH